Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I'm moving to the Richmond area in March. I wanted to know who was in the area. My family will still be in Michigan until summer. So I'll be looking for things to keep me busy and out of trouble.

·
Registered
873 Posts
me..and it's boring here

·
Registered
739 Posts
myself and VTSTANG (and chris ihara) live about an hour or so north of richmond...chris is a bit further nw than us.

welcome to the Old Dominion! lots of history in this state and TONS to do, we've got everything from beaches to mountains.

here's a must do: go to one of the saturday nite NASCAR races over at RIR. even the non-NASCAR folks have a good time.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Welcome to Virginia. Like Gimpy said we're about an hour north, there's all kinds of stuff to do, plus Corral Day will be in Myrtle Beach this year, so your much closer. Let us know when you get to town.

Jason

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
about an hour north as well, theris quite a bit to do around the area.

·
Registered
508 Posts
My folks live in Orange County, I love it down there, if it weren't so far away from work I'd live there in a second.

Jason

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Im moving up that way in a few months! Be glad to meet ya all, I love the track so hope we all can drag race.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'm up in Quantico. But sadly I will be moving overseas this summer. Hopefully I'll be able to get done to the strip in Richmond to get some shake down runs in.

·
Registered
942 Posts
hey i live in chesterfield but work in richmond. I am good friends with the owner of Virginia Motorsports Park so if you want some runs let me know ;) btw welcome to richmond another boring town. (unless you like clubs and strip joints)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Im moving to Woodbridge but Im on leave in Richmond right now. Does anyone know of any shops around here for work/dyno tuning. I know JLT is in Chesapeke but I really dont want to go that far from Richmond.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Im moving to Woodbridge but Im on leave in Richmond right now. Does anyone know of any shops around here for work/dyno tuning. I know JLT is in Chesapeke but I really dont want to go that far from Richmond.
I don't know Richmond very well, but let us know when you get to Woodbridge, there's a couple of us up here.

Jason

·
Registered
149 Posts
Is there a shop up there as well? Where are you doing your dyno stuff?

·
Registered
45 Posts
There's a shop in Newington (about 10 miles north of Woodbridge) that Jason used. Sorry, I can't remember the name of the place but I remember thinking they were pretty good. I'm sure Jason will be back to give you details.

·
Registered
508 Posts
The shop in Newington is Springfield Motorsports, they did OK. I hear there is a better shop in Woodbridge but I don't have any info on them right now. The machine shop I go to knows them and speaks highly of them. I'll have to give them a call and get the name and see if they still have excellent service.

When I get a chance, one of the parts guys at Battlefield Ford recommended a place in Catlett. I have their card somewhere, I'll have to find it and post their info.

Jason

·
Registered
149 Posts
My brother mentioned a spot in Springfield but maybe it was actually Woodbridge and he was confused by the name. It would be great if you could post thier contact info.

·
Registered
739 Posts
My brother mentioned a spot in Springfield but maybe it was actually Woodbridge and he was confused by the name. It would be great if you could post thier contact info.
he could be talking about Springfield Motorsports, they're in Newington but that's really just part of Springfield. i have never dealt with them, so can't give you any feedback. they've been around for a long time though.

·
Registered
149 Posts
How about JLT in Chesapeke? I know they make the inlet tubes that are popular on the 500s but are they full service or what?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts