1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
987 Posts
With that weight you need 470hp key is weight.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Some people's use of the word "stock" stock block? Stock short block? I would be willing to bet it doesn't have e7 heads on it.

My car weights over 800 More, I am not that heavy. There must be nothing left of that car.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do the NMRA 302 cars run? Do you guys suppose that this car may have ran that class? I wish I could read the name on the driver's window. It looks like Marcel something.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
What do the NMRA 302 cars run? Do you guys suppose that this car may have ran that class? I wish I could read the name on the driver's window. It looks like Marcel something.
I don't recall the fastest run ever in NMRA Factory Stock with a windsor 302... bottom 11's at official full race weight was common.
I think min. weight was around 3150lbs for a GT40 head car... and, if I recall they were forced to run BFG drag radials.
I know a few of the guys would pull weight out (recal them getting down to around 3000lbs) throw slicks under them and run solidly into the 10's "for fun".
So, pull 500lbs out of that car and put a good tire under it...

Friend went 11.4's with a truly stock notch fed with n2o back in the day on a 26x8 slick, 4.10's... think he had a 125 shot, maybe 150, don't recall... race weight would have been around 3150lbs (full weight car, small driver).
This was at a track where d/a would go negative... so, keep that in mind.
Take that car, do some chassis work, put a big tire on it (low 1.4's 60'?) with skinnies out front, remove 800lbs and put 200+n2o's to it... it's not out of reach... especially if he runs where d/a goes into negative 1000's.
Oddly enough, his car was yellow too.
Maybe it's just the yellow ones are fast :).

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
John Leslie Jr went [email protected] with a 1.451 60ft back in 2011 with a "stock" windsor 302...
I think min. weight was around 3150lbs for a GT40 head car... and, if I recall they were forced to run BFG drag radials.
So, pull 700lbs out of that car and put a good tire under it...

Friend went 11.4's with a truly stock notch fed with n2o back in the day on a 26x8 slick, 4.10's... think he had a 125 shot, maybe 150, don't recall... race weight would have been around 3150lbs (full weight car, small driver).
This was at a track where d/a would go negative... so, keep that in mind.
Take that car, do some chassis work, put a big tire on it (low 1.4's 60'?) with skinnies out front, remove 800lbs and put 200+n2o's to it... it's not out of reach... especially if he runs where d/a goes into negative 1000's.
Oddly enough, his car was yellow too.
Maybe it's just the yellow ones are fast :).
Very impressive numbers. Have you had yours out to the track this year?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, was scheduled to go to Tuscon a couple months ago... had a couple issues so took my new Grand Cherokee SRT (naturally aspirated) instead... [email protected] in ~5000' d/a. :).
The last time I was at the track; a guy brought a new Kia Stinger. He just put it in Drive and went for it. He ran a 13.0 flat. I can't remember the speed. That was his first run and with traction control on. :surprise:

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
By the description in the add "Full interior. Lots of big dollar parts. Very light car, 2380# with me in it" the engine is probuilt to factory type specs but ...... Just contact the gent and ask him.

ks

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
By the description in the add "Full interior. Lots of big dollar parts. Very light car, 2380# with me in it" the engine is probuilt to factory type specs but ...... Just contact the gent and ask him.

ks
I did just that. He stated that the engine had many secrets along with good suspension. I figured as much.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts