Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Dave King said:
Theres a good place to have a car cruize, who would like to see one Friday night June 28th?

I would also need a volunteer to coordinate it as I will be busy at the track.
I know of a pretty fine biker bar within striking distance of Cecil Co. Raceway, that's got a big parking lot. It's out in the middle of nowhere and we wouldn't get hassled by the man.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Dave, give me a call on my cell...Or find me in IMRC....I'm more than willing to set this up and run this for you as I will be in the area all the time any way with Ali....There are lots of places about 15mins north in Delaware to cruise around as well, the Hooters there, (maybe we can do the NMRA style thing at the hooters, i.e. burnouts, hehehehehe).....Laters

Jeff

·
Registered
733 Posts
BlackCobra99Va said:
Dave, give me a call on my cell...Or find me in IMRC....I'm more than willing to set this up and run this for you as I will be in the area all the time any way with Ali....There are lots of places about 15mins north in Delaware to cruise around as well, the Hooters there, (maybe we can do the NMRA style thing at the hooters, i.e. burnouts, hehehehehe).....Laters

Jeff
OR, we could cruise to the BEACH!

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
From my experience, it would be good if the place chosen is a place folks would like to go anyway, cruise or not, not too far away, and a place with decent food (and drink). Otherwise, everyone just splits up on Friday night.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Dude, there's no place in this immediate area that people would like to 'go anyway'. One of the nice things about it. Now, if you outsiders would like to experience the joys of Maryland crabs, I would highly recommend heading down the hiway to NorthEast MD, which has a nice crabhouse or two.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Well, I don't know what Dave has in mind, but the only interesting places that a lot of people might want to head to around here are Philly (about 1 hr from the trak), Balt (also an hour), the beach (1.5 hrs). Newark DE is a sort of nice town, university and all, but pretty small and loaded with obnoxious cops that'll limit the cruise-ability of the place. Wilmington is the pits. HEY, how about the Cal Ripkin museum?;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm down for a cruise. I would suggest staying local to cecil. I personaly wouldn't want to drive an hour on a cruise. Especially if I was one of those coming from far away. Also going into deleware isn't there a tole? That may dissway a few people. A cruise sounds like a good idea though.

·
Registered
299 Posts
You can bypass the Toll that goes into DE by the 896 Newark exit...You get off at the exit before the toll, at Elkton MD and its only 10 miles north of the Cecil exit...We could even cruise all the way down Rt 40 from Cecil which eventually goes into Bear and then to the Hooters and alot of other cool restaurants, hangouts, etc....Don't forget we have the DE slots there too :D lol...

Seriously though, there are plenty of nice restaurants and places to cruise to around the Bear, 896/Rt 40/13 area....

Jeff

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, a car cruize it is. Jeff your in charge. I appreciate all the volunteered help. We can use it all.

The place I want to have the car cruize is perfect. Its only 5 minutes or less from the Crystal. As you go down the road with the Crystal on the right you'll go about 2-3 miles and you'll see a shopping plaza on the right hand side. It's right before a major intersection where theres a Sunoco station on the left. I think if you turn at that intersection its route 40? I believe. It runs into Deleware. Anyway at the shopping mall I think theres plenty of room. Also I think theres a restaurant there. Theres many restaurants in the area there. Mc Donalds etc, especially if you go on that road to Deleware.

I like it because its close to the Crystal and close to the track. It has lots of room and many people can even walk to a restaurant or 2 if they so desire.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sounds Like A Great Idea:joy: :joy:

Any idea what time??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts