Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have a MSD dist and running fuel lines and connectors to the front of the fuel rails? Reason I ask is I have the Glenn's Performance 950 hp kit and in the instructions it wants you to run both lines from both pumps up to and enter the fuel rails from the front, exit the rear to the reg. out the reg via. return line to sleeper tank. Problem is the MSD blocks the front of the fuel rail on the driver's and there is no way you can get a connection and hose from the front.

I tried Behind Bars Race Cars and Chris said his fuel rails would not clear the MSD dist. So I have an email to Glenn's and waiting for a response and hopefully a solution. I am pretty sure I will have to purchase new fuel rails but whos and which ones? Has anyone else experienced this situation and what is the cure!? Have some custom cut at an angle then re-tigged?

My old system before I went turbo was from a Y, ( set up like this when I bought car ) to both fuel rails from the back, driver's side fuel rail blocked off by a npt or flare plug and then ground down to fit past stock dist, and all fuel went out the passenger side fuel rail at the front, to the reg. What are you thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Ben

·
Registered
197 Posts
Those hellion rails look like the Behind Bars rails. My buddy had the behind bars rails on his car with an MSD dizzy and his cleared.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Those hellion rails look like the Behind Bars rails. My buddy had the behind bars rails on his car with an MSD dizzy and his cleared.
Yup. The BBRC rails are nice for sure. I got mine quickly from Bob Kurgan and the were priced right.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
3,684 Posts
yup.. i even run them on my 7sec drag radial car!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

·
3,684 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Have you tried spacing them out?

I have the BRC one on the DS and a polished UPR on the PS. BRC would not clear the water neck on top of the lower intake.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Have you tried spacing them out?

I have the BRC one on the DS and a polished UPR on the PS. BRC would not clear the water neck on top of the lower intake.
You can call them, but I think the new ones are machined to clear. Or you can special order them to clear.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I heard back from Glenn's Performance today and they said to space the fuel rail out as well. So I will try that first and if that does not work I will get the BBRC rails and make them work. Thanks for the advice everyone.

·
3,684 Posts
be careful spreading them too far... you dont want to disturb the inj seating. That could be UGLY as fuel would spray everywhere!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No I have not. Been working on other issues out back with the fuel tank and lines. I will try spacing them first before I purchase new rails from Bob. I work a lot of hours but will have this done by this weekend. Will have pics then but won't know if I spaced them out too far and caused a bad seal with the injector seating. My goal to to fire her up in March. If the car does not catch on fire and burn down the shop I will have even more pictures.

·
Registered
346 Posts
No I have not. Been working on other issues out back with the fuel tank and lines. I will try spacing them first before I purchase new rails from Bob. I work a lot of hours but will have this done by this weekend. Will have pics then but won't know if I spaced them out too far and caused a bad seal with the injector seating. My goal to to fire her up in March. If the car does not catch on fire and burn down the shop I will have even more pictures.
Keep us posted very interested

1 - 20 of 36 Posts