Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOS or NX ?

This is not a poll... :rolleyes:

I just want a consensus from the 4v modular people out there. I am looking at getting a wet kit for my 98 cobra, 100 shot. There are a lot of differing opinions out there.

One camp I am hearing is saying that NX is supposedly better but are not really backing up why except they say that their solenoids are better thans NOS' ones. Aren't they the same as the NOS solenoids?

The other camp I am hearing is the good ol' "stick with what works" group. Hence their vote for NOS. So you guys tell me. Has your motor blown with XXX brand, have you had great results with XXXX brand.

It's not going to get used much cause I don't race that much at all and very rarely ever street race. Maybe a few times a year if that info. helps. Thanks for reading,

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a 99 cobra with slight mods(bassani x-pipe w/ cats, 410 gear, and a cold air kit) I am using the NX system. My car ran 13.01 @ 106 on 275 drag radials. With the 100 jet, it went 12.25 @ 116mph. This was with a 1.94 short time :( and only engaging the N2O in second gear. Never has detonated and never had a problem. Running stock timing but I suggest you retard the timing for anything over 150.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts