Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am basically going back and forth between my stage 2 trick flow and my stock cam, I like the driveability and smoothness of the stock cam but dont want to sacrifice a bunch of power.
Who is running their stock cam and what does the RPM peak at, my biggest fear is bringing the RPM peak down to like 5k

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am basically going back and forth between my stage 2 trick flow and my stock cam, I like the driveability and smoothness of the stock cam but dont want to sacrifice a bunch of power.
Who is running their stock cam and what does the RPM peak at, my biggest fear is bringing the RPM peak down to like 5k
Stock cam here!

Holley System Max Intake and Edelbrock Heads.

Makes power from 5k to 6k

http://75.180.27.125:50001/Dyno Graphs and Pictures./Dyno Graphs/Brian 88 Twin Turbo Mustang.jpg

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Me too, mine drops off around 5300 on the dyno graph.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In that case maybe ill keep this trickflow

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I would run a custom grind cam, or the ford e cam.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
my 1990 gt has the stock cam and it ,makes 535/622 with dart sr,gt-40 intake, however car shifted at 5200, i think i would go with the TFScam:king:

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
my 1990 gt has the stock cam and it ,makes 535/622 with dart sr,gt-40 intake, however car shifted at 5200, i think i would go with the TFScam:king:
How much boost?

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
3,684 Posts
stock cam would be a better choice then a TFS stage 2 cam for a TURBOCHARGED Setup!

·
Registered
685 Posts
stock cam would be a better choice then a TFS stage 2 cam for a TURBOCHARGED Setup!
Sorry for the hijack but Bob what do you think the max power would be w/ the stock cam. Just estimating or experience. 1000 rwhp?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Im running a stock cam retarded 4* and 1.7 rockers .

should have stock times within the week.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Stock cam straight up.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I decided to just throw in a stage 1 trick flow..

·
Registered
465 Posts
Still stock cam here, car made 484 hp, 559 ft/lbs to the tires on only 16 degrees of timing and 12 lbs of boost.
Stopped there to try and preserve the life a little bit.

How long till you run it on the dyno w/ the trickflow? I'm curious to see how it affects it compared to a stocker.

Will

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gonna be a while, yesterday was the two week mark on my turbo kit order, was supposed to be a two week lead time so we will see.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts