Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 374 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i guess i am one of the unlucky people. ordered a kit in early july. was told ten weeks. i know that shoots for around middle of this month. so i have been trying to call and call but voice mail is off. soo i looked on his site and it says any more questions ask on the forms. so here i find myself looking on the site and now i am starting to feel robbed? any1 think i will ever see this kit?:shakehead

·
Registered
685 Posts
Ordered mine in feb. paid in full (custom kit though, takes longer). Do you live in Rhode Island?

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Geeez, if he said 10 weeks give him 10 weeks.

His voice mail is probably full of numb nuts like you calling
2 weeks before its even due.

·
Registered
174 Posts
promised 2 months, its been three for me.But i dont care if someone calls him the next day after the ordered it. He should still answer them, regardless of how "numbnuts" the person calling is.He should take a little time out of his schedule to talk to people.Obviously he shouldnt be sitting there all night answering calls while he is working .But he is being delayed on everything.So clearly he has other issues since he doesnt talk to people right?

·
4,305 Posts
I wonder how many people try calling, emailing, texting and so on in any given day. I have a buddy in Chicago that does turbo kits and he gets a pretty large share of people contacting him daily and not people who have even ordered things but "tire kickers". He complains all the time since he is a one man show, guess my buddy needs to mark things up some more so he can not only have someone to answer the phones but also train them well enough to handle all the inquires.

Guess my point is, if the time is not up or even remotely close then I would not be busting his balls yet. I do agree though if someone is avoiding all contacts from existing customers then something is not right, if that truly is the case hear which it sounds like it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Still waiting for a tracking number. Kit is supposed to be at the border today or tommorow but I can't see what is going on with the shipping.:confused:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
He does have at least $1,500 dollars of peoples money up front, enough to certainly entertain a paying customers phone call to give him/her an update or a simple "hey I'm running behind" post would alleviate concern. Considering the number of Turbo makers that are here one day and gone the next, I think I would be concerned with a sudden lack of contact/posting as well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
call me a numb nut all you want i gave the guy 1800 bucks and he said 2 or 3 weeks before the kit was done he would need the other 1400 to send it to powder coat. i have been trying to give him the rest of the money but i am so second guessing myself i would rather be out 1800. lil better than 3200?? dont get me wrong i want tis kit and will wait as long as it takes. but i feel almost like i have been robbed. also sorry i have not called him the whole time he has been "making my kit". all i am doing is what i was asked. and yes i am from ri

·
4,305 Posts
I feel like a stuck record but Turbo Technology Inc has always been faithful and for more years than most of these other companies(combined years) have been in business. I think even the two you have mentioned have run into hiccups although I do not think to this extent by a big margin.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I don't think Newt would take your money and not deliver. I received my kit after a few months of patienly waiting, he still till this day will get back with me after a few days. Remember this is a custom kit, built by ONE man. From what I have read Newt has almost ONE complete day in building just one header. Yes, I believe he could definately get back to people in a more timely manner. But, that's how he wants to run his buisness. After receiving my kit, I would buy from him again. My .02

·
4,305 Posts
This is what I do not understand, it is so rare that someone buys a turbo kit and after they get it they say they would not do it again. Yet plenty of options exist, often at the same price, but with a lot less hassles in getting the product. I know if I am buying anything that is pretty much the same that I pick the route with less hassles.

·
Registered
174 Posts
He does have at least $1,500 dollars of peoples money up front, enough to certainly entertain a paying customers phone call to give him/her an update or a simple "hey I'm running behind" post would alleviate concern. Considering the number of Turbo makers that are here one day and gone the next, I think I would be concerned with a sudden lack of contact/posting as well.
i gave him 5000 up front. but im just a whining loser who thought 2 months meant 2 months.according to alot of people here its his call on doing whatever he feels like doing.

·
4,305 Posts
i gave him 5000 up front. but im just a whining loser who thought 2 months meant 2 months.according to alot of people here its his call on doing whatever he feels like doing.
Call the police local to him and ask for a detective. Explain things to the detective and see if they can do something for you. That is exactly what I had to do when I paid Bennett Racing years ago for a stroker kit and all they sent me after months of waiting was connecting rods and more excuses about the rest of it.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I feel like a stuck record but Turbo Technology Inc has always been faithful and for more years than most of these other companies(combined years) have been in business. I think even the two you have mentioned have run into hiccups although I do not think to this extent by a big margin.
+1 for TTi...Although the kits are somewhat dated, they work, and you'll get one. I got it within about 3 wks or so of ordering....

I see not much has changed in the land of turbo kit manufacturers except the names of the company's and some of the people trying to make the kits...

1 - 20 of 374 Posts