Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a line on a pretty good deal on a gen 1 kit, never used with an aftermarket turbo for $hundreds less than these kits cost new, never used. The guy tried to install it with a stock K and realized he needed a new K I guess... Pics of it clearly show its never used.

Around what RPM do you guys using it get into full spool? From what I'm reading its somewhere in the mid-high 3k range with the gen1 kit? I know the gen 2 kits are better but for the price this kit is almost impossible to pass up for something we all know fits well and WORKS.

Car it is going on is in the sig, will not be pushing more than 8 or 9 psi, goal is gonna be 400/400 for longevity purposes.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I have first gen kit i pick up for 700 but i got rid of most of the on3 supplied parts. I went with 3.5 inch thick bar and plate IC, turbosmart 50 mm wastegate and RPS blowoff valve. I did pick up a cheap on3 70mm turbo for 150 bucks that so far has been fine. I will tell you to put 3 inch round gasket between the v bands. I used Nissan 300 zx turbo gaskets they were the cheapest I found at 5 bucks a piece. Boost comes on right around 3k and full boost about 3.5 k. On 10# of boost with 15* of timing I put down 424 corrected and 440 uncorrected at 5k rpm. The only thing done to my car is NA cams no bolt ons. I was planning on going with CG fab hot side when I put my built motor in but might just leave it.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good deal, I'm still waiting to hear back from this guy if he'll ship. Was a non local CL find but I'll pay for shipping and he can just take it to UPS and have them pack it up so I dunno. What K member do you have if you don't mind me asking? I'm installing a MM unit on my car at some point soon to clear a turbo kit along with shoring up the front suspension but I'm worried it won't fit with either of the On3 kits.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I'm running a qa1 kmember with upr a arms and coil overs. Had mine shipped from Florida to va wasn't to expensive.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I figured UPR or QA1, most guys running the On3 kits are running those. Seems to be nooone out there running the MM/Griggs stuff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have the 1st gen ket and im using at granitelli k memember setup on mine. I mad 450hp and 442tq on 10lbs through an auto with built motor 520 on 14lbs but started having converter issues. made the same power on 22lbs due to the converter issues. I went 10.85 on 10lbs though so it all works.

·
Registered
201 Posts
1st gen kit W/gaskets MP T70 turbo 8psi 446/511HP/TQ Qa1 K and arms. Have some tire rub at full turn . I do like the kit and it makes good power. I also sold the car and bought it back 2yrs later from someone else other than the person I sold it to. The kit was just as I left it . I did tighten all the V bands when I got it back .

·
Registered
353 Posts

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the guy who had the kit for sale never called back, maybe realized what his stuff was worth or found a buyer locally... oh well. Still, this kit is cheaper and I see them for sale a LOT in the classifieds so they seem like great budget options.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bought supporting fuel mods myself think I got the kit shipped to my door for 1600 ish so ya and the quality was great very impressed by welds etc. my list just continues cause I want to do it right the first time which is hard cause I wanna get this bitch on the street

·
Registered
353 Posts
Well the guy who had the kit for sale never called back, maybe realized what his stuff was worth or found a buyer locally... oh well. Still, this kit is cheaper and I see them for sale a LOT in the classifieds so they seem like great budget options.

I still have my hotside for sale. Also selling the masterpower T76 to. Maybe we can make a deal. Motivated to sell.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One thing I have not been able to get is a definitive answer on whether or not the on3 stuff will clear a max motorsports k member. That and the fact that I'm staying with a 5 SPD is making me want to tork tech it or go with c heads and a terminator swap.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

1 - 13 of 13 Posts