Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious to see some high mileage cobra's and how they are currently running. I just bought my second cobra and it has 60K on the odometer. Just wondering about the longevity of the stobk long block with the basic boltons.

Thanks,
Todd

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
My Cobra has 102,000 miles on it. And runs fantastic.

I burn about 1qt of oil every 5000 miles.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
85k and running good. Burn some oil between changes but that is manly from driving the car in very short trips (back and forth to school) and the oil not having time to get up to temp.

John

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I know a guy a couple of towns over from me that has a 96 Cobra that had 139,xxx miles on it about 6 month's ago. The local SVT dealer does all the service and I saw it one day when I was there. The tech said that it was still running good and still didn't use any oil between the 3000 mile service intervals. It is that guys daily driver and it's bone stock. He has probably a 50-60 mile drive to work and back a day so, I would guess he has at least 145,xxx miles by now. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just turned 100k last week in my '96, the car still runs like a champ. I recently put 4.10's in and it's like a whole new toy. It drinks about a quart of mobil 1 between changes. And I had to replace the IMRC controller at about 70k. Even the original t45. It still makes me happy every time I start it :)

Matt

·
Registered
200 Posts
'01 Cobra

Delivery: June 01... 3 miles on it.

Now 11,800 & running just fine...

Basically stock...

Synthetic oil at 8 miles...
Stopped on the way home & bought oil & filter... thus 8 miles...........
(yeah... Mobil One... considering Redline)

Remote dual oil filter manifold installed &
Oil cooler with temperature regulator
(www.racerpartswholesale.com)
Electric prelube oil pump installed
(www.preluber.com)
Bypass oil filter installed Take a look... its worth it! (www.oilguard.com)

Planning on keeping this one awhile!

·
Corral Charter Member
2,018 Posts
My 99 has 47k+ miles with no engine issues at all. It burns about a quart of oil between oil changes (Mobil 1 5W30).

I'm rather hard on the rest of the driveline, so there's been breakage here and there. :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
125K miles and climbing daily on my '97. Doesn't burn any oil...

·
Registered
545 Posts
21,000 fun filled miles! :joy:

·
Registered
201 Posts
27,000 miles/daily driver

running strong!

·
Registered
194 Posts
WOW this looks pretty promising!!! I was worried about mine having 40k.

(quote form Bob Cosby)
"I'm rather hard on the rest of the driveline, so there's been breakage here and there" :lol:

you could say breakage :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts