Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seeing whats out there far as ET's in 1/8th miles with a non face plated or non pro-shifted tremec streetcar full interior

·
Registered
190 Posts
seeing whats out there far as ET's in 1/8th miles with a non face plated or non pro-shifted tremec streetcar full interior
Im confused on the question? The subject line is non face plate or proshifted

and your first post is non face plated or non pro-shifted??

Are you looking for full interior cars with non-modded Tremec Tranny's?? Isnt that like alot of certain year Mustangs that came with Tremec's??

·
Registered
711 Posts

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Their really should be an age limit to post on this site!
I agree! When are you to old to post another "how much hp do think I will make" thread,, its time to move on...

Seriously what is anybody going to get from this kind of thread?
Its purely an ego thing.

You could have a 9 second turbo combo that you are shifting at 5900rpm that wont require faceplating or a 11 second car that is being shifted at 7000rpm that needs faceplating..So whats being asked?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I agree! When are you to old to post another "how much hp do think I will make" thread,, its time to move on...

Seriously what is anybody going to get from this kind of thread?
Its purely an ego thing.

You could have a 9 second turbo combo that you are shifting at 5900rpm that wont require faceplating or a 11 second car that is being shifted at 7000rpm that needs faceplating..So whats being asked?
I diagree with you on this for someone who wants to know if installing this transmission will meet their needs or not this is the perfect thread . Stop thinking about your self for once there are people on this forum that may not know as mutch as you do.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I diagree with you on this for someone who wants to know if installing this transmission will meet their needs or not this is the perfect thread . Stop thinking about your self for once there are people on this forum that may not know as mutch as you do.
First.You might want to go back,edit and form understandable sentences out of this. Im by no means a master of the english language but that is hard to read.

Second .The OP never stated what his "needs" are.
His specific requirements.

1/8 mile - What difference would that make weather you run 1/8th or 1/4?

Non Faceplated or Proshifted - That I could almost understand becuas of his next requirment. But ET,Full weight and interior have little to do with weather you want to go that route.

Street car- see above.

Interior-????????????????????????

If the OP wants to know if he should consider Faceplating then he should have done a search .Plenty of threads with that info..

This type of thread is why most of the guys that know their s**t no longer post on the Corral.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
First.You might want to go back,edit and form understandable sentences out of this. Im by no means a master of the english language but that is hard to read.

Second .The OP never stated what his "needs" are.
His specific requirements.

1/8 mile - What difference would that make weather you run 1/8th or 1/4?

Non Faceplated or Proshifted - That I could almost understand becuas of his next requirment. But ET,Full weight and interior have little to do with weather you want to go that route.

Street car- see above.

Interior-????????????????????????

If the OP wants to know if he should consider Faceplating then he should have done a search .Plenty of threads with that info..

This type of thread is why most of the guys that know their s**t no longer post on the Corral.
Beat up on the OP more for asking a question that is not perfect! Get him! Get him!

I'll wait....

Get him again! Do not stop until he has learned how exactly in this world to do things to your liking.... Never stop okay? Soon the world will know your ways.

He was actually trying to be more informative because soooooooooo many people differ on the definition of a street car. He didn't say the words, "I have..." He gave and option of a car he would possibly drive or was thinking about interior-wise and transmission-wise. True this could range from different internals but he did say tremec so maybe we should stick with 5 speeds on this (yes I know you didn't say anything about what transmission he should go with I would never try to inform you of anything).

Now that maybe the OP got a chuckle you can always take your garbage response to me to the pm's so we don't ruin his thread any further. You can yell and say vulgar things and I'm sure I'll listen :angel: because it's the internet. :rolleyes:

What was being asked (to my understanding and I could be wrong because it's writing on a forum) is the following:

"I would like to see some examples of some people's time slips with stock-style tremec because I have seen a lot of good passes with pro-shifted and face-plated setups. I am just wondering if this is a good idea for me since I do sometimes still like to drive my car on the street? Is it possible to hit (insert 9-10 second 1/4mile time or equivalent 1/8 mile time) with a trans that is still using synchronizers? Or is this a bad idea and I should just bite the bullet?"

OP, I mean no disrespect I was just trying to show a possibility of what you kind of might have been saying.

blackout50 the OP doesn't seem to be a terrible person who spits the info given back in the faces of those on the corral. So why try and scare him. If you are sick of these posts take it up with the mods, that is there job to deliberate on matters that upset their users. I mean you no harm (hell I hope my post made you laugh). I just wanted you to see that in some eyes it might have looked as if you were being disrespectful when trying to maybe be funny... I'm not sure. Your first post is what set that bar to me and it didn't get raised from there.

Good luck OP and don't you dare stop asking questions okay?
God bless the troops!
:salute::salute::salute:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I will give you that he should use the search and critique from there. Not EVERYTHING is perfectly found but a good 90% of the material can be for the most part.

·
Registered
259 Posts
those DAMN SBFtech guys are at it again!

These jokers have an agenda. they'd rather spend YOUR money then give you any information through ;););););)their experience or what little most of them have...

I'm not sure if you were refering to the t-5 so this may not help the OP. I'm chasing the six second zone with a stock T-5. Thus far Daily Driven its lasted over 8 years and four combinations and nitrous with only a clutch shortly after i got it. For the past 3 1/2 its been behind a serious 331.
Soon it will get more gear and nitrous. I use synthetic Mobil 1 ATF. 3 fluid changes in 8 years. Still drives like day 1. Keeping one together this long requires two things, a good soft clutch, and a good soft driver. I do powershift, but not a bunch, i never drive it like i wanna break it. One other thing i'll touch on. I think a lot of people underestimate the 160 dollar ford HD, ram HD clutch. Its the same peice, have backups. It is basically a stock clutch that will hold the power and not engage nearly as hard, have several friends running deep in the 10s with them, most bolt on guys use the king cobra with its profiled splines which reduce base pressure this is good for pedal feel but not for durability. i have not put over 450rwhp yet on slicks. but when I do, i'm putting in a fresh HD clutch and fresh flywheel, 4.10s and 26's will be in the back. The shorter tire and higher gear ratio is eases the transmissions internal load as obviously we are pushing these things way past what they were designed to do.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i have a tremec .a lot of people say oh they wont go into gear they shift like ####, i just like to know how fast others have been with out face plating or have a tremec pro shifted not a smartass comment. im just looking to see who has a mustang with a 3550,tko 500,600 or just a regular tko and how fast they been

·
Registered
190 Posts
i have a tremec .a lot of people say oh they wont go into gear they shift like ####, i just like to know how fast others have been with out face plating or have a tremec pro shifted not a smartass comment. im just looking to see who has a mustang with a 3550,tko 500,600 or just a regular tko and how fast they been
I have a TKO-500 now & had a Tremec 3650 before that.. The TKO (before it was face plated) worked just like the stock 3650 at Hi-RPM's.. very crappy.. Anything above 6K RPM's & they really didnt shift into 3rd & sometimes not even 2nd.. It was like there was a wall that the shifter would hit.. It would not go.. You could cram it straight up 10 times & it would not go in.. Tremec themselves will tell you they are not designed to shift that hi.. The synchro's won't allow it.. Even with face-plating my TKO shifts terrible into 3rd unless the clutch is in perfect adjustment.. to cold one nite & it wont shift till i adjust the tension.. next day much hotter & have the same deal all over again.. If your just driving around on the street & shifting at 5K you would probably never notice anything.. Street tires & even 6500 on the street & you might not notice anything.. Try some slicks on a good track with some bite & you'll prolly have a much different opinion of the Tremec follies.. :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts