Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...i left town and let my car sit two weeks....when i got back the car started right up and ran great but i noticed the fuel pressure stays at a constant 36lbs at idle and does NOT budge when i hit the gas......it also does not change when i remove the vacuum to the regulator. what could this be? i have the electronic fuel pressure gauge from autometer and never had this problem....i even checked all the connections and everything is good.....the car has the Kirban adjustable fuel pressure regulator....could this thing go bad and not do anything to the pressure? please help figuring this out......how can i test the gauge?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone? come on guys....i know i'm impatient but i gotta figure this out soon!! :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill try it again....ttt

·
Registered
696 Posts
Sounds like you've tried everything worth checking...

Either the FPR isn't getting a good vacuum source, or the FPR is broken, or your fuel pressure gauge is broken.

There's no other mystery part.

If it was a fuel delivery problem (fuel pump, filter, lines, etc) the fuel pressure would still go up and down a little it seems.

You may try pinching the return line (if possible) while the car is running and see if pressure spikes up.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
slagel great idea on pinching the return line...i didnt think of that.....no matter if the regulator is broken or not the fuel press should still come up when doing this right? i'll try that and see what happens....

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
a10hogplt said:
slagel great idea on pinching the return line...i didnt think of that.....no matter if the regulator is broken or not the fuel press should still come up when doing this right? i'll try that and see what happens....
One other thing to try that you might have already done and I apologize if you have ----- remove a vacuum source and look at the fuel pressure gauge to see if the fp rises or not. Just a thought and hope it helps.

-Tim

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
badazzz....yeah i actually pulled the vacuum right from the regulator itself and saw no change in fuel pressure...constan 36psi....what gives?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Buy a cheap mechanical fuel pressure gauge and hook it up for a quick test. This will identify your problem area, either the fuel system or the electric gage.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the help guys....its the electric fuel pressure gauge....hooked up another gauge and it worked fine so autometer is sending me a new sending unit...no charge...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts