Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car sees a lot of street use but I also want to be able to go to the track and crack of some 1.5-1.6 60's. It's a 91 Coupe making 480/436 right now. I have eibach springs all the way around (they came on car not sure which ones) I searched the model on them but couldn't find them but they are very long which leads me to believe maybe they are a drag spring yet the car sits very low. I have tokico blues up front, megabite junior lowers and tubular uppers with some stock shocks in the back right now. Would a tokico 5 way or strange 10 way be my best bet or should I go with some 50/50's?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I will speak from my experiences. Street/strip... Tokico 5 way drag struts up front and tokico 5 way illumina shocks out back. They come with a life time warranty that I have already cashed in on once in 8 years. As they say dial #1 for fun...out back I use the #4 setting for track use. On the way home I keep the backs the same and turn the fronts up to #4 also. A little more $ but you get a warranty that they honor so long as you do not modify for coil-overs.

90/10's are streetable too and work well. 50/50's out back is not a good idea because this is where you need adjustment for track conditions.

Can't comment on any other shock or strut because these are the only ones I have ever used.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts