Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new shifter for my T-5 I had a pro 5.0 in it last time, but I always had a hard time hittin third gear. I think some had to do with the shifter handle bein to far away and im sure there is some driver error in there too. But I was curious what you all would recomend for a shifter, or get another 5.0 and get a better arm that moves it closer?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Im running a B&M Ripper right now and like it but Im gonna be putting in a Pro 5.0 when my new tranny is done next week. I drove my buddys car with the Pro 5.0 and it seems alot smoother and cleaner shifts. His has the billet UPR handle on it which makes a big difference.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I've had a pro 5.0, a b& m ripper, hurst competition plus, steeda triax, upr, and probably a few others. I think it's all just personal preference, I really enjoyed the hurst though.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys....any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I had the b&m pro ripper it was a little notchy but I still powershifted every gear with my t-5 lol

On my new setup tremec tko 600 im going to run a mgw I heard they are very good shifters take a look into them very nice quality.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts