Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get a vortech for $2850 or a novi 1000 for $2800 which would you all buy, and why?

·
Registered
218 Posts
procharger!! what are you thinking? :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O.K. while doing research I called both places and talked to there tech line. when I called paxton I had a body on the phone within 3min, was impressed, but thought it could be a fluke, so I called the next day, same deal, 3-4min. I am sold!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
rottn1 said:
O.K. while doing research I called both places and talked to there tech line. when I called paxton I had a body on the phone within 3min, was impressed, but thought it could be a fluke, so I called the next day, same deal, 3-4min. I am sold!!
I would go with the Vortech...much more power potential there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
a10hogplt said:
procharger!! what are you thinking? :)
How do you like your Houston Performance motor? It's what I was thinking of going with come rebuild time.

·
Registered
218 Posts
great motor.....picked up 3 mph just from their rebuild....did good work and the price was right in there with the rest of them...steve is a good guy and builds a solid motor.....took 1 month for mine to be done.

·
Registered
218 Posts
i leave on friday......!

·
Registered
218 Posts
you buy lunch and i'll do it tomorrow :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Which one is more reliable on a stock motor and the kits normal boost??

I am real close on a 99 Cobra, and I am already thinking of the mods to use on it

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
rottn1 said:
I can get a vortech for $2850 or a novi 1000 for $2800 which would you all buy, and why?
How did you get such low prices?!!? If i can get one for 2800 ill order it now! go with the vortech, btw....easier to achieve high #'s in the future...

·
Registered
110 Posts
and since nobody's gonna ask.. :rolleyes:

Where did you get those prices at?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Personally, I went with the Vortech. As far as calling them, I had some problems with the tech guys but I eventually got Jim Middlebrook (founder and CEO) on the line and he was able to solve my problem. The kit is a great setup. I have had mine since last November and am loving it. But in all honesty I think the 2 kits are very similar. I believe there is more potential in the Vortech kit.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
vortech- from jms
paxton -from muscle motors

as far as power potential I would have preffered the svo, so either kit is more than what I am looking to obtain, my concern is reliability of the unit, seems that most people think they are somewhat equal, so I looked at support to decide.......Any other opinions would help.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts