Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a set of rear springs I do'nt no which ones to buy.

I have 90LX with coil overs in the front. The spring rate on the coilover is 275LB 12''. I'm going to road race it but mainly street driven.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
srt4 said:
I need a set of rear springs I do'nt no which ones to buy.

I have 90LX with coil overs in the front. The spring rate on the coilover is 275LB 12''. I'm going to road race it but mainly street driven.
First of all, your front springs are WAY, WAY too soft for track usage. In fact, the front spring rates would probably work well with stock rear springs. I would suggest upping your front spring rate to at least 325# or more with some upgraded struts to handle the higher load, then select a matching pair of springs for the rear. Even then you would need more information than just front spring rate to select the correct rears. For instance, what sort of rear suspension are you using?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have not installed the front springs yet. I can ship them back and get a higher spring rate. Ok so what spring should I run on rear if I run 350LB on the front?

I have strange 10 way for the front and the rear Steeda front sway bar steeda upper and lower control arms in the rear. Also the car is light then stock not like a pop can light. I have not pick out a rear sway bar yet ether.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts