Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for adjustable lower control arms for the rear of my 02 GT. Car is making 400rwhp and is mainly a street car may make it to the track once or twice a year. Just looking for a recent review of what people are running. I am only looking at adjustable because my car is lowered and with my slicks it is too tight but want to keep my look while running a street tire.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the one I been looking at just wanted to see what everyone is running these days all the Google searches seemed to be a couple years old thanks anybody else

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
I have been using UPR for years on my low 8 second true street cars. Their parts simply work and they are priced right.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I was always a die hard upr user, that was until recently. At the NMRA world finals in bowling green I was wanting to buy a complete front end kit as well as an anti roll bar setup, went to their booth the old bastard working it walked by me 10 times and never once offered to help me. Finally I asked him if they kept everything I was wanting to buy on the truck the guy basically talked to me as if I was an illegal alien or something very rudely said id just have to check and once again walked off( at this point I was like screw it ill just order online). Well flash forward 3 months to Lights Out race at Valdosta Ga. Same deal I was like ok ill give them another chance, I walked up to the booth and ill be dang if it isn't the same rude old bastard, I stood there in my upr shirt cash in hand waiting, and waiting, and waiting along with several other people when finally I decided the heck with it. Team Z had a booth setup at this same event, I walked up was told I needed a new t shirt, changed shirts, told them what all I was needing and my goals with the car. After several min of them giving their feedback and info I realized their product looked 20x better, was cheaper( esp with 20% off show discount), and these guys where down right awesome, friendly, helpful car guys. So for whats its worth ive spent my last dollar with upr and the place can go belly up for all ill ever care because little companies like team z appreciate their customers 100x more.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Whatever you buy, make sure the bolts fit properly. Some things are bushed for inch size bolts and Ford uses metric in places. If you use a metric bolt on an inch hole, there will be enough slop it can bend and tear things up.

This is because even .030 slop between a bolt and the bushing or hole will constantly be slamming the metal together. Also pay attention to shoulders on bolts. Make sure the bolt rides in the bushings and holes with a proper tight clearanced fit.

My UPR LCA's really tore stuff up over time because they had inch size bushing holes with Ford metric size bolts.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I have had the Maximum Motorsports adjustable behind 633hp/629 for 4 years. Very happy with them, the quick ride height adjustments are great, and they are well built

Heavy-Duty Adjustable Mustang Rear Lower Control Arms, 1999-2004
These might even be better: Extreme-Duty Adjustable Mustang Rear Lower Control Arms, 1999-04 Mustang, solid axle

I have the adjustable extreme duty versions for 83-88 Thunderbirds in my, well, Thunderbird. I like them a lot. Ride on the street is fine with just a bit more noise transmitted to the cabin.

·
Registered
288 Posts
They are not adjustable but I have a set of the Steeda 555-4501 lower control arms out of the car.

They have about 500 miles on them. I was getting ready to put them up for sale if you are interested.

Jake

·
Registered
288 Posts
I second RaceCraft. I have their drop spindles and lower control arms on the front of my car. I manufacture aerospace components. Racecraft stuff is very well built. They are going to be my go to place for suspension and chassis components from here on out.

Jake

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
I have the MM Extreme Duty pieces. I think I could derail a train with those suckers. Awesome.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Not realizing the bolt hole size in the UPR lowers, I used factory metric bolts. Then one day at the strip it went bam and busted the front bolt on the 1-2 shift after about 10 passes. But I was able to scrounge up a chevy head bolt and Camaro bumper nut to get it back together for the 50 mile drive home.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
I have team z double adjustable lowers. I like them. But if I was to do it again Racecraft all the way. These guys over there r Awsome. And there product r great. Just ordered the sterring shaft, bump steer kit and those very sexy billet lug nuts.

They r my new favorite company.

Team z has lost my business. There tech is no good. Hard to even get any help from them on orders. Just my .02

Dan

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the info guys it looks like team z has a good reputation for the most part. I have heard good things around at shows as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts