Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help with which MSD ignition components to purchase with part numbers. I have the MSD 6AL part # 6420. I want to launch my 88 fox turbo 5-speed with some consistency so shouldn't I get a 2 step launch control? Is that part number 8739 or 8734? I think it's 8739. I need a coil, what part number and I need a distributor. Pro Billet? Which one do you recommend and what is the part number? Any good race shops to get all of this stuff at?

Thanks,
Ben SEMPER FI :salute:

·
Registered
86 Posts
i'd be more worried about that T5 hangin in there then a new dizzy when the stock will work fine... but i'd suggest getting a Digital 6 + they can be found on here in the classifieds for as little as $150 and you get the 2 step and timing retard. Compared to just a 2 step ($75) then the modules $20-$40 per set that you have to play with... and then you can sale your 6AL for 100 and be dont with a box..
Coil - Blaster TFI Coil, PN 8227
or MSD Pro Power Coil, PN 8201

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats why I love these threads. I didn't know about the digital 6, so now I will look into one of those and sell the 6AL. Yes the t-5 will be replaced after I have some fun with it. The stock dizzy is long gone so I have no choice. The kit is still sitting on the ground in my shop. Still working on cleaning up the engine compartment, almost ready for paint then I start chuckin' parts at her. I have soooooo many pics of my build just don't have time to post them all. I will get a build thread started one of these days. Just spend a chunk of change replacing all the hard break lines with s/s braided. Going to hide all of that behind the firewall as well. I get carried away easily, started to look like a damn show car than a street strip car. I need to stop making it look so pretty and just bang on it like my first girlfriend. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Going with Megasquirt and I want the MSD because everything else that I am using is MSD as well. Thanks though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts