Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The LQ4 iron 6.0L is what I keep comming back to, but the 5.3L's are even cheaper and not that far off on hp.
All I really know is I want an LS swap with a T-56 behind it...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Go with the 6.0, both are Iron both weigh about the same. Just the 6.0 will run better given the extra cubes. Also you are open down the road to go to a 408 or whatever.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should've included "Gen III or Gen IV?" in my post. My ultimate goal is 400-ish rwhp (give or take 25). And car will be used whenever possible (DD, S/S, HPDE, Autocross, etc.)

Another issue is weight. I'm a fatso, so it's the car that's going on a diet:rolleyes:. I don't mind a lil' cost penalty to go aluminum block. I'm just not sure if I need to persue a Gen IV aluminum or go tried-an'-true LQ4 Gen III...:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'm doing my research now:rolleyes:. It's not like I'm going to turbo it or stuff a bunch of nitrous in it. 400-ish RWHP isn't that much to ask from the right LS engine.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you just want 400rwhp here you go.

LS2 engine bone stock will put down around 340-350rwhp stock.
Add a small cam that won't shake the whole car. Something like a 230/230 .600 lift.

Kooks or whatever 1 3/4 headers at least
Catless exhaust.
Underdrive pulley

And there ya go, easily a nice jump over 400rwhp. Prob be actually around 430-450rwhp :D.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MAN! I'm gonna have to lurk the recycle yards for a while to find a "really good" price! Hope to find a '05-up wrecked GTO 6-spd at a steal...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts