Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a car I am about to get started on with an on3 kit with the master power 70mm setup. It is a stock bottom end, stock cam, box stock twisted wedges, head studs, systemax II, 75mm throttle body. It will have a 5 speed for now, but most likely some type of auto shortly. I have some new terminator ev6 39#, the ev1 adaptors and on3's pro-m blowthru meter that came with the kit I bought. I also have a new set of seimens deka ev1 60# and matching pro-m blowthru meter as well. The car will be mainly a family fun car and very little track time. Is the 39s enough, or will I need the 60s. I will probably see 8-10lbs of boost max, but may decide to push it sometimes to see if the block will hold more. I have broken blocks before on nitrous, but somewhere around the 800hp mark. I plan on keeping this one at or below the 450-500 rwhp mark.

Also, for street action and with the wife driving it some, what is a good clutch to try. I have a new king cobra that I was gonna try, but don't see it holding for long. The car is a fox coupe with 17x10.5 cobra rs and 315 nitto drag radials.

Thanks in advance, Billy

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Use the 60's... How much you want for the 39's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Use the 60's. I have 42's in mine now and they are past maxed out so I have turned the fuel, boost down to keep it alive.

·
Registered
459 Posts
60s and Centerforce DFX clutch or spec stage3+. I have the centerforce and beat on it pretty good. Its a streetable trackworthy clutch with good street manners.

You will easily max your 39s. I am maxing my 42s right now.

·
Registered
260 Posts
60s and Centerforce DFX clutch or spec stage3+. I have the centerforce and beat on it pretty good. Its a streetable trackworthy clutch with good street manners.

You will easily max your 39s. I am maxing my 42s right now.
What kind of power are you making I have a set of afr 185's for my car but I'm not sure if my block can handle much more power I'm making 477 whp on ported e7's

·
Registered
459 Posts
What kind of power are you making I have a set of afr 185's for my car but I'm not sure if my block can handle much more power I'm making 477 whp on ported e7's
524hp and 557ft#s at 5200 on 8psi. Thats why Im building an R block. I know Im on borrowed time. However, I have heard of a few guys running 600hp on stock blocks for quite a while. Then again I've heard others breaking at 400hp??? You just never know.

If you put the heads on you will probably be turning the boost down to stay safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts