Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried searching, but the more I search the more different part #'s I find. Just trying to see what the majority of you guys are using.
I'm running the on3 kit w/ MP t70. I'm running a blow-thru setup w/ a 750cfm CSU carb, victor jr. Intake, stock e7 heads. Will prolly start out w/ 9-10lbs of boost and 18* timing. I've got my ARP head stud kit.
I would like the head gasket to be somewhat of the weak point. Any input would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a bunch guys. Saw so many different ones people were using, wasn't sure which one to go with. Doing the ARP studs and head gasket this coming weekend and hopefully starting on the turbo kit the following weekend. Still waiting on the carb from CSU

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Thanks a bunch guys. Saw so many different ones people were using, wasn't sure which one to go with. Doing the ARP studs and head gasket this coming weekend and hopefully starting on the turbo kit the following weekend. Still waiting on the carb from CSU
May i ask whats the most boost you would consider running with those gaskets, head studs and stock bottom end?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
May i ask whats the most boost you would consider running with those gaskets, head studs and stock bottom end?[/QUOTE

As long as the tune is good that gasket will out last the amount of boost a stock bottom end handle.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
May i ask whats the most boost you would consider running with those gaskets, head studs and stock bottom end?
I'm not sure what the final PSI will be, but I'm shooting for 450hp, so I'm thinking about 10-12psi. I'm not going over 450 on this block

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
I'm not sure what the final PSI will be, but I'm shooting for 450hp, so I'm thinking about 10-12psi. I'm not going over 450 on this block
im shooting for the same as i am running a stock block for now. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I searched before my build and I got a few different part numbers, BUT I looked those numbers up to see what the differences were...that helps understand when and why to use a certain part over another. Just a lil fyi...good luck and have patience.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I searched before my build and I got a few different part numbers, BUT I looked those numbers up to see what the differences were...that helps understand when and why to use a certain part over another. Just a lil fyi...good luck and have patience.
You talking about different head gasket numbers? Can u elaborate?

·
Registered
939 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts