Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Blaster 3 coil has a crack in the tower, which will make it the third piece of @&!# MSD coil I've thrown in the trash.

Are the HVC style coils worth a hundred bucks over the tower style coils?

What are you all using with a 6-series MSD?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Blaster II and not one problem, the stock coil is good for a STOCK car.
Well I have run a blower and several nitrous systems on my STOCK coil[and gone much faster than the time in your sig].
Don't let all the pretty colors fool ya,some stock stuff is just as good or better than aftermarket stuff.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No need to argue about it. it's obviously working for you. I'm precluded from using a stock coil with my setup as I'm carbureted and the factory ignition and computer have been disposed of long ago.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Well I have run a blower and several nitrous systems on my STOCK coil[and gone much faster than the time in your sig].
Don't let all the pretty colors fool ya,some stock stuff is just as good or better than aftermarket stuff.
I am in the same boat as Todd, my EFI stuff has been gone for a long time. I just don't see what everyone has against MSD you don't see people like Tim Lynch, Billy Glidden, Dwayne Gutridge, David Reese using STOCK pieces they all us MSD and probably don't have any problems. I would say the problems result from improper install in places they say not to put them, like the MSD box under the hood, not a good place for it IMO. But to each their own and think about this, could you have gone maybe a .10 or 2 faster with MSD stuff?:confused::idunno:

·
Registered
145 Posts
e. I just don't see what everyone has against MSD you don't see people like >>>>Tim Lynch, Billy Glidden, Dwayne Gutridge, David Reese <<<<using STOCK pieces they all us MSD and probably don't have any problems. QUOTE]

I wouldn't compare your 12 sec combo with those.:rofl:
I never said that some people don't need to step up to better stuff,but for the average 10/11/12 sec stuf the stock coil will be fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts