Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed a complete Team Z front suspension in my Fox this weekend. Went to install the Strange coil overs and realized they won't work with my old-school Hotchkis CC plates. Even their site says, "Not recommended for coil overs."

Apparently, the Strange strut shafts are slightly undersized. MM's site says the Strange struts will clunk with their plates because of the undersize. Team Z's plates will work but they are not real great looking. I have a fully polished engine compartment.

What's a good CC plate that looks decent and works well with the Strange struts??

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
Get the Team Z have them coated to make them look at little better.

Tim

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well even though the Team Z's are not the best looking, from what I've searched, they seem to be made specifically to fit Strange struts and have the most amount of adjustment. I actually like that they are steel as it's more rigid than aluminum.

UPR seems to make a good CC plate, but I have no idea how it fits the strut shaft. So now I am deciding between the two. Guess I could always powder coat the Team Z's, I'm leaning towards them for sure....

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
I have the Team Z front tubular setup 14/150 springs, strange 10ways, and UPR plates. They have the "clunk" described on the MM site. Gonna be swapping out for Team Z plates in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the Team Z front tubular setup 14/150 springs, strange 10ways, and UPR plates. They have the "clunk" described on the MM site. Gonna be swapping out for Team Z plates in the next couple of weeks.
Thank you! You made up my mind.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Thank you! You made up my mind.
Your welcome. Let us know how it works out if you get yours before I get mine. I will post my findings as well.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Your welcome. Let us know how it works out if you get yours before I get mine. I will post my findings as well.
They only had 2 sets left. I ordered about 20 minutes ago so only 1 left now. I paid for 2-day shipping as I need them by the end of the week. I will post my results.

Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
4 Bolt Maximum Motorsports.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I run strange struts and upr cc's plates and they fit great. No problems at all

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I run strange struts and upr cc's plates and they fit great. No problems at all
The UPR's definitely look a lot better and would match the rest of my engine bay. However, I like the fact that the Team Z are basically engineered around a Strange strut and the bearings are even designed to fit more snug on a Strange strut. Dave Z confirmed this in an email.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
what kind of fittment issues are people having with strange struts and cc plates? what on a strange strut is designed different from any other strut?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I have the Team Z Coilover kit for stange struts and MM Plates.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I'm looking to get a set of Team Z plates too. I currently have the MM 4 bolts and they're loud as hell with the strange struts. If I were you, I would get the Team Z plates and get those chrome plated and put those in. They'll look great like that and they'll work quietly! From what I gather its hit or miss with how well the MM plates work with the strange struts so I wouldn't take the chance on them in my opinion.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got the Team Z plates and installed them. They work excellent with the Strange struts. Fit perfect and well designed. While not the fanciest, they don't look bad at all.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts