Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've been having some charging problems and there's no telling how old the battery is, its been in there 2 years since I've gotten it and who knows how long before that.

Anyways, I want a good battery that will last a long time and I don't have to worry about. I want good charging and starting power.

I looked at some of the Optima Red-top batteries but they were way expensive. Are they worth it? Any help on good batteries?

Thanks

·
Registered
779 Posts
I had a nice experience with a KMart battery. The battery did not make it the full time it was guaranteed for (the car was stored for some time.) Kmart no longer sold that kind of battery and refunded the months left on the warranty in cash.

Tom

·
Registered
150 Posts
hi

Being a interstate dealer where i work i highly recommend thaT battery just becuase all the interstates wew sell and install last a very long time and have a very good reputation they arent that expensive either.
A standard interstate is around 50-55$ and it is guaranteed for 50 months.
A Mega-Tron is around 60-65 $ and it is guarnanteed for 72 months.
well that is my .02 cents.......lata:joy: :joy:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ttt....come on, some of you guys have experience with batteries, lets hear it!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I like the K-Mart batteries. They may be tacky, but they work for 2 or 3 years, then even without a reciept, they exchange them. All my cars have them. If I even question if it's good, I exchange it.:cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I really like my optima red top...If you dont want to spend the cash, you cant go wrong with the Interstate battery..very good battery.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
when my no namer died i got a red top optima off ebay for 88 bucks, brand new!

check ebay if you have the time

Joe

·
Formerly AHD
351 Posts
Optima Red-Top here!

I bought my optima from the supershops in St. Pete. THis was in 96 or very early 97. I had the car off the road starting in april 2000. When all the work was finished (late march 2001), all I did was put it on a 12 hour 2amp trickle charge, and Bam car started right up no cranking problems whatsovever. ITs now jan 2002, and the battery is still going!!!!!
So I would say my battery is at least 5 years old, going on 6.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Stillllllllllll Goooiiiiinnnnngggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts