Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a car enthusiast site I understand that the GT's and up see more attention than the 6, but with this new six pushing 300+ hp in stock form I was kinda of hoping to see more interest. As a potential buyer in 2012 I do worry about the presence or lack of aftermarket for upgrades down the road as well as the fantastic community that's grown around the V8 'stangs. Is it just too new, or will even teh new sixes suffer the indignation which surrounds the typical 6 cylinder Mustang?

Here's to hoping! :cool:

·
Registered
368 Posts
I am buying one here in the next couple months. Going from my h/c/i '91 lx to an 11 v6 with performance package. I am sure I will miss some torque but I cant wait to have a brand new car without issues

·
Registered
985 Posts
The same thing happened pretty much when the new engines were introduced for the Mustangs in 2005. The 4.6 3V was quick to get aftermarket support, but it took a while to get the ball rolling with the 4.0L SOHC, even though it was an older engine used since 1997 in other applications.

IMO, a bit of patience will be rewarded, the aftermarket stuff will come for the 3.7, it will just take a bit longer.

cheers
Ed N.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I think it might come quicker now that the 3.7 is actually performance minded, not an afterthought like the previous v6's

·
Registered
80 Posts
slowly filtering out....kinda sad the new v6 has been so overshadowed by the new 5.0....

first procharged 11 v6, 8psi on pump gas... 427rwhp...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think what happened is the Coyote's release kind of overshadowed the 3.7L It's definitely a stout piece though. I'd definitely compare it to the VQ35xx series of motors. I'd say its somewhere in between there for power output and bolt on gains. Of course it makes a little bit more torque.

New '11 V6's mod for mod should give 350Z's a run for their money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I kinda feel like the Black Sheep of both worlds. LOL I have the new bodystyle and the old engine. As far as appearance part for our cars it will just take some time, as they are still "new" look at all the options for the 05-09 models.

·
Registered
674 Posts
The same thing happened pretty much when the new engines were introduced for the Mustangs in 2005. The 4.6 3V was quick to get aftermarket support, but it took a while to get the ball rolling with the 4.0L SOHC, even though it was an older engine used since 1997 in other applications.

IMO, a bit of patience will be rewarded, the aftermarket stuff will come for the 3.7, it will just take a bit longer.

cheers
Ed N.
so how do you all think us guys feel running engines from 83-86? talk about no love...used to get razzed by the v-h8ers till I posted my modded dyno numbers and then it got reeeeeaaalll quiet,mostly because the vintage V8 guys made less power and torque with 2 more cylinders. ( it was a 4-eyed mustang forum)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts