Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where do you guys tap the oil feed line on a 5.0 mustang? just getting ready to install my kit and would like to know a good place. plus where do you guys by gaskets for the turbo, wg, and bov?

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Oil feed line can be tapped into the log that feeds the oil pressure sender. There is room for more then one.

Gaskets from race part solutions although most just use copper rtv.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Drill, tap and insert -3AN or -4AN to NPT fitting depending on your line size. Put a nice coat of paint on it.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I used a T fitting.. split the oil pressure sending unit so it can run the sending unit and the feed line to the turbo. Picked up the fittings at NAPA

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
I used a T fitting.. split the oil pressure sending unit so it can run the sending unit and the feed line to the turbo. Picked up the fittings at NAPA
Will look much cleaner drilling and tapping the log...if you are scared of doing stuff like that then by all means go with the fittings.

I can fire a picture over when I get back.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Will look much cleaner drilling and tapping the log...if you are scared of doing stuff like that then by all means go with the fittings.
agreed !! way cleaner looking !! sad thing is I work in a machine shop (drill/tap/mill/cnc dept) and still went with fittings lol My car is FAR from "clean" looking so it didnt matter lmfao

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
agreed !! way cleaner looking !! sad thing is I work in a machine shop (drill/tap/mill/cnc dept) and still went with fittings lol My car is FAR from "clean" looking so it didnt matter lmfao
Come on! That is super lazy.

:)

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Come on! That is super lazy.

:)
:rofl::rofl::rofl: yeah it was.. the whole car was a quickie cobb job(DIY stock motor lots of boost NO tune) that wasnt suppose to last but a few months.. lasted 3 years lol.. my luck IF I would have done it all nice like it would not have made it a week

1 - 11 of 11 Posts