Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out where you guys are mounting your trans coolers at. I have no extra room with the intercooler up front. In the driver fender with fan is all I can come up with. Biggest cooler I think I can fit is gonna be 11"X11"X1.5" and then mount fan on it. 29,000 btu is the rating. That gonna be good enough? Combo is gonna be 4r70w with 2800 stall (non lockup).

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Here's where I mounted mine. No cooling issues at all.

ks

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
^ That's exactly where I have mine as well

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have a small one mounted for now until my bigger one comes in. Not putting the turbo on til next month. Just wanted to get the intercooler mounted and find a spot for the trans cooler.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
I'm thinking of moving mine to the trunk. Right now it is out in front of my intercooler system's radiator. Doesn't seem to bother anything, mostly I'm worried about reducing nose weight.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm thinking of moving mine to the trunk. Right now it is out in front of my intercooler system's radiator. Doesn't seem to bother anything, mostly I'm worried about reducing nose weight.
Inside the trunk area or under the body by the trunk?

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Inside the trunk area or under the body by the trunk?
I was thinking of cutting a hole in the trunk for a fan and mounting the cooler below the fan and blowing down through it if I can find a safe space.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts