Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is everybody brining there intake tube and MAF flange to have it welded on ??

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
6" after bend and make sure you have at least 6" space before bend to tb.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean Where should i bring it to get it welded . I epoxyed mine on (stupid me) and it poped off today .But i cant find any place that wants to do it work

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Any exhaust shop can do that.

·
Registered
281 Posts
take it to Powerfab off of 1960/jones (North Houston), they do great tig(aluminum) welding, tell them tommy with the silver mustang sent you. They built me an aluminum charge pipe from the fender to the throttle body for my on3 setup. Ask for Jeremy or Cameron. :salute:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
i took mine to my local exhaust shop. they did it for free. takes like 5 min to do. or call a machine shop. i would just fine exhaust shop.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys i should of check the replys before. Then i wouldent of been sitting here all day stewing.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yay i did not blow the motor . But i did blow my steering rack moving it around in the garage . So now i need to buy a new rack but thats still way cheaper than a motor

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ya know i was wondering the same thing . When i had the car towed back to the house we pushed it into the garage and kept turning the stering wheel to move the car over and when i went out to check the car hrs later i had a puddle of fluid under it . i checked and it was comming out the steering rack from 1 of the boots . i filled it with fluid and it leaked right back out. I must of poped 1 of the seals cranking on the steering wheel without the motor running. Thing is i have wheel dollys to be able to push the car around the garage and was too lazy to jack the car up and put them under the tires.

·
Registered
939 Posts
You can just use regular welding wire or TUNGSTON to weld it on.All stainless wire or tungston does is prevents the weld from rusting.Atleast in this case.I'm using my buddies MIG or i'll TIG mine at work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts