Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been searching strange, moser, summit, jegs, etc... cant find just lug nuts for my strange axles? only things i found were with the whole stud kit which i do not need. where do you guys get extras?

if this would be better in a different area, please move it, but i figured people here would know the most abut 5/6" studs

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I would call and ask Strange or Moser, i'm sure they carry them there just probably not listed on the web. Also PM AaronP on here, he makes some really trick SFI 12pt. aluminum ones!

·
Registered
985 Posts
What about a circle track racer parts supplier? 5/8" studs are pretty common for the roundy-round guys, IIRC.

cheers
Ed N.

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
You need nuts and spacers unless you get a set of aarons nuts.

Mark williams has some really nice ones the spacer is locked on the nut. Aarons are a 1 piece design.

Tim

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
You need nuts and spacers unless you get a set of aarons nuts.

Mark williams has some really nice ones the spacer is locked on the nut. Aarons are a 1 piece design.

Tim
Mine came with nuts and aluminum spacers. But the nuts are pretty heavy. Who is Mark Williams?

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
Here are the ones Aaron makes, he sells them through teamz and has 1/2 and 5/8 Speed Doctor Lug nuts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I remember when Aaron was selling them for $60 and free shipping. I kick myself for not getting some! At the time I thought that was too expensive. LOL

·
Registered
892 Posts
Do the speed doctor 5/8 x 18 come with spacers?? I run 5/8 studs with Billet Specialties street lite wheels. My studs are not threaded all the way to the axle. So I need to use a spacer between the lug nut and wheel...

Or are there shorter studs available to use the speed doctors without a spacer?

Every ounce of weight loss counts. Them long studs are heavy..... :salute:

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
I remember when Aaron was selling them for $60 and free shipping. I kick myself for not getting some! At the time I thought that was too expensive. LOL
When your done can ya kick me a little too. I didn't order them the either.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn those things are pretty sweet! Do you think they'd strip out with prostars? Pretty unhappy with these wheels

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
On my ROH wheels I had to run the APR 12 point nuts for 5/8" studs. They have a smaller diameter than the standard drive kits.

The aluminum wheel nuts are real nice as well. Seen them on a few different cars locally.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That link just gives me a stud kit. Like I said. Don't need studs just lug nuts. Those 12pt ones are sweet but don't come with spacers

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
look at Daysmotorsports.com.. their a dirt/short track supplier. texas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Contact address

Hey Guys, bring back this somewhat old thread. I really need a few of these 12 point Aluminum Lug nuts in both 1/2" and 5/8" sizes. A few as ONLY 2 of each size so it would be a real problem to justify ordering 2 sets totalling 20 lug nuts in order to get the two that I need and have 16 unused spares sitting in the tool box. The various few shops that are carrying these are only selling in 10 packs and they don't want to break them down. I tried to convince one of them that they should carry a few of them as Replacement Spares, but they wouldn't go for it! Can someone PM me Aaron P's cntact information?

Thanks,
Swiss

1 - 20 of 29 Posts