Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to find the rubber E brake seal that mounts in the center console. I have no idea where to get these of course I haven't called Ford but I doubt if they get them since my buddy had a 95 GT and everytime the seal went bad he took it back to the dealer and since it was under warranty they kept replacing them but not just the seal they replaced the whole console and all which seems like a waste. Some of the pegs on the bottom of the center console that hold the E brake seal on my car are broke off so technically I should get the whole damn console but the rest of the console is perfect, so where in the hell can I find this seal.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
You should be able to remove the seal from the console and you'll see a part number stamped on the seal itself, take this part number to your local Ford parts department and they should be able to order it for you. When you put it in use a hot knife or screwdriver to melt the plastic pegs and hold the seal in place or you could try some 5 minute epoxy that's rated to bond rubber and plastic. Hope this helps

Carson

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had my car for a little over 4 years now and ever since owning it I've never had a seal in it so I can't take it out and look for a part number.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I tried to get one before. According to the book at the dealer parts counter, it does not come as a seperate part. It is part of the console top plate. You could get a strip of thin rubber gasket, cut a slit in it an glue it from underneth.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Neil I was afraid of this being like my buddies 95. I guess I'll try to use a piece of leather or vinyl with a support of sometype to keep it laying flat like the seal and not flop down if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Leather/vinyl would be better. I know what you mean. The orig. rubber is held on by a plastic trim piece that has small melted tabs through it. The little tabs break off. I just glued mine back recently.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
make one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts