Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a head unit for my fox mustang that looks period correct but has modern features like bluetooth calling and streaming. Does anybody make such a thing.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I use a Kenwood KRC-208S that has outputs for an external CD control. Then I bought a BT unit with RCA plugs. The radio just thinks everything is coming from an external CD player. There are lots of companies that make RCA connectable BT units. I have no experience with this one but here is a Crutchfield unit.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-7pj1eO05CYh/p_822BTREC/Milennia-MIL-BTREC.html?XVINQ=GLX&awkw=75621149425&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=47439289945&awdv=c&awug=9031634&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjrvpBRC0ARIsAFrFuV80X-QXz-vecI5sKYQL4uIDb65mrBPSVtzgbVLQcvRaaB50VLnJUXEaAqAbEALw_wcB

Jake

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Thought I would update this for future sake.

I bought an Alpine TDM-7544 off ebay for $50, because it has cd shuttle control. i then contacted the guys at discountcarstereo.com and they made me a bluetooth module that plugs into the cd changer plug on the back. This thing is great, beautiful cd quality audio and it auto connects as soon as the radio gets power. I used the radio delete panel from LMR, cut out the center of the closed portion and the single din carriage slides right in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts