Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the 2 valve on 3 forward facing turbo kit and i need good vband gaskets. i have aluminum ones from 034 motorsportsV-band Sealing Gasket, 2.5" - 034 MOTORSPORT and 1 blew out. i can't find any others! if not who sells sheets of copper or something soft thats not aluminum?

also what are some good v bands to replace the on 3 ones?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Why dont you have on3 fix them. It is under warranty correct?
With all of the leaking v-band threads around this site one would think they would figure out how to fix this by now.

·
Registered
426 Posts
my CG FAB kit V bands dont leak at all. i dont get what the issue is with all the Vband leaks going on? you should'nt have to put gaskets on your Vbands. that just means they are warped.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i don't have time to ship it back and forth and the gap is small like fingernail thickness or a little bigger, just enough to blow out the copper rtv i used before. i don't care what turbo kit it is, hellion, hp, theres going to be issues with some of them out of thousands of kits.

but i think with good v band clamps and geskets it will seal. i might try to seal it with rtv 1 more time, this time actually letting it cure 24 hours. but would rather have a soft metallic gasket in there.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
By design a v band should not leak if alignment is correct.

Fix it right, don't bother screwing around with gaskets and sealer. A v-band doesn't have the sort of clamping force a turbo flange or wastegate flange does to compress a gasket.

I have had some issues with headers and turbo housings needing to be surfaced but out of the 5 v-band connections on my car I have not had any issues.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i researched it and i found your supposed to tap on the vband when tightening. i will try this, i'm actually pretty sure i will get it to fit flush this way.

now this is my first time dealing with v bands, how hard is it to bend the v part of them? i think i did, because when i tighten them down the 2 ends of the band are really close like less than an inch between, or is it normal? they are not ebay/chinese v bands.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so i'm looking at getting clampco or vibrant clamps. i've heard nothing but good about vibrant,

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
wow 90$ for a single Vibrant v-band

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
if the V-bands are leaking on the headers try tightening the header V-band's while the ball socket on the crossover is loose...thats what i did and mine have never leaked.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts