Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new motor combo going in my car this winter, everything is bought and paid for but Im still trying to figure out where I need to start with the supercharger. Ill be running a D1X procharger on a 363 with AFR 205, 9.5 compression, Holley Super sniper EFI on a trick flow R intake, so it will be blow through throttle body. I plan to also run meth injection and no intercooler.
After talking with procharger today Im second guessing my starting point compared to my goals with the car. Now I know it wont take much to make 600hp on this car, but Im wanting to aim for around 750rwhp on the street tune and pulley combo (what Im second guessing). I originally was thinking 16psi would get me there fairly easily with meth. Procharger is using more of a basic approach “14psi is theoretically going to double your NA power”. My question is with this setup, real world RWHP numbers not crank hp, what would I be looking at? With that motor what will it take to push out in the 900’s? I dont want to go much above 20psi with this combo, so Ill have to live with whatever it makes, but I also dont want to come up way short, so Im almost thinking of doing the D1X on the street and going to a F1 for events and just switching them out. Procharger assures me with a motor making 450hp it should easily pump out 1000 Crank Hp on 20ish psi. Im just not so sure of it anymore after looking at other combos.
What are you guys seeing with this setup out there?

·
Registered
23,538 Posts
boost psi numbers are useless for estimating power

air density is what matters

unless you can assure the air charge temp, higher boost can make LESS power

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have a similar combo (Dart 4.155 x 3.25) with a Vortech T-trim non intercooled with about 17 PSI making 630rwhp through a 4R70W in the N. Texas heat. I am not familiar with the D1 or details on the rest of your combo, but you may get similar results or better with water/meth injection for what it is worth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts