Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to turbo my Fox. I have a 351 in it with a stock K-member and A-Arms. I have a HX52 which is good for 1000HP, Hugh intercooler and piping already and all the other stuff needed for a turbo install except the actual turbo manifold and oil feed and return.

I've been told you can just build your own pretty cheaply. I just don't know how to go about it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
if you are any good at welding its pretty simple. just get some 2.5" exhaust pipe (thick wall is better) flip your shortie headers find out where you want your turbo and go from there. i built mine in about 3 weeks taking my time and only working on it on nice days and i only have about $30 in the hot side (welding wire and gas). you will have to move or remove some things to make life easier. sway bar, oil filter relocate, i removed power steering and relocated the alt but that just depends on where you want the turbo

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent. I have long tubes now so I'm just going to sell them once I have the turbo install done. Putting the turbo on the car is the last thing I'm doing. I'm putting the Megasquirt 3 in first and going DIS to get rid of the distributer then it's get the hot side stuff. I have everything else ready for a turbo install. I was going small but now I think I'll go for 800+ HP all turbo. I'm hoping to have the turbo on by the end of spring 2011 so I can get to the track and get some 1/4 mile times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts