Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
1,537 Posts
The new 2011 Mustang V6 has an 8.8" rear with Traction-Lok, just like the GT. The main difference is the gear choice. V6 gets either 2.73 or an optional 3.31.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Also, does the 6 cylinder still have the 7.5 " rear end or does it have the 8.8?
I wondered the same thing about where the thread went. Waiting to see what tuning options will be available and possible gains from it. Best gear would be the 4.10 which may kill the idea of economy for the v6. That would give peak hp rpm in 4th gear in the 1/4 mile. Next best would be 3.31 as offered by the factory for trap rpm in 3rd gear for drag racing. 4.10 would cruise at 75mph about 2500 rpm.

Wish you could get the base V6 with the 3.31's.

·
Registered
153 Posts
my local dealership had a base V6 with 3.31's stickered for 23k and some change
Looked a little more, option code 453. I thought you couldn't because on the "build your own" ford site, the gears don't show up as an option unless you opt for the leather premium.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Base V6 with performance package includes the 3.31's as well as the GT suspension/brakes that were offered as the track pack in previous models. It also includes the GT500 rear control arms.

I'll take a Base V6 with performance package, please. See you at the road course. This will be the best handling Mustang to date.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts