Ford Mustang Forums banner

Where are you guys putting trans coolers at?

13K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  boostup89 
#1 ·
Not entirely sure if this belongs in this section, but where are you guys mounting your trans coolers at?

Mine is currently under the drivers seat but I knicked it pulling it onto a trailer so I'm thinking I need to move it plus I can't really imagine it getting good air flow right there or getting cool air being blasted by the downpipe and trans heat..
Space is kind of limited, big A2A up front so I can't really mount it up there..help?

#3 ·
mine is where the ac condenser use to be and I have a huge cooler

#4 ·
I have one where the drivers muffler used to be and a second one in the drivers inner fender well. Putting it between inter cooler and radiator worked for trans temps but badly affected engine temps on my car.

#6 ·
I hope this ant a problem for me, I got my ic lower the trans cooler is bolted to the top of the core support, IC is lower to get the lower air the radiator gets the mid air and trans cooler up top

#8 ·
We mounted Cammed 2V GT's to the front of the radiator. So it's sandwiched between the radiator and the intercooler.

#11 ·
oh yeah had to cut out some of the bumper support entire bumper/clip is off. Bob Kurgan actually did this for me during the build of my car. There are some pics. I will post when I get home.

The question is will the car run cool! This has yet to be seen I am very hopeful though

#13 ·
ask and you will receive!!

Reactions: ACJ
#14 ·
Nice, Bob. I'll wait till you come back out so you can mount mine too.

What cooler/fan is that?

#15 ·
Nice, Bob. I'll wait till you come back out so you can mount mine too.

What cooler/fan is that?
That looks like the larger B&M w/ fan. 70297

I have the smaller one in my drivers inner fender well and it made a big difference on temps.

The smaller version I have uses a Spahl fan on it.

The two together work well.

Mike

#20 ·
Wonder how much it hurts to have it mounted in front of the IC...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.