Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not entirely sure if this belongs in this section, but where are you guys mounting your trans coolers at?

Mine is currently under the drivers seat but I knicked it pulling it onto a trailer so I'm thinking I need to move it plus I can't really imagine it getting good air flow right there or getting cool air being blasted by the downpipe and trans heat..
Space is kind of limited, big A2A up front so I can't really mount it up there..help?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
mine is where the ac condenser use to be and I have a huge cooler

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
I have one where the drivers muffler used to be and a second one in the drivers inner fender well. Putting it between inter cooler and radiator worked for trans temps but badly affected engine temps on my car.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I have a plate style under engine bay pass side frame rail w fan. And a long dual pass finned cooler on drivers side engine bay frame rail. All mounted on bottom side of frame rail.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I have one where the drivers muffler used to be and a second one in the drivers inner fender well. Putting it between inter cooler and radiator worked for trans temps but badly affected engine temps on my car.
I hope this ant a problem for me, I got my ic lower the trans cooler is bolted to the top of the core support, IC is lower to get the lower air the radiator gets the mid air and trans cooler up top

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
I hope this ant a problem for me, I got my ic lower the trans cooler is bolted to the top of the core support, IC is lower to get the lower air the radiator gets the mid air and trans cooler up top
I drive my car in true street cruises which are regularly 90+ degrees and can be as long as 90-100 minutes of driving. That is the only time it used to heat up. Cruising around town and going to cruise nights never caused an issue.

It also depends on your converter. The PG in my car is worse then the C4 was because the converter slips more.

·
Registered
994 Posts
We mounted Cammed 2V GT's to the front of the radiator. So it's sandwiched between the radiator and the intercooler.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Sigh my sandwich goes like this

Pusher fan -> Trans Cooler -> Intercooler -> Condensor -> Radiator -> Puller fan

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
oh yeah had to cut out some of the bumper support entire bumper/clip is off. Bob Kurgan actually did this for me during the build of my car. There are some pics. I will post when I get home.

The question is will the car run cool! This has yet to be seen I am very hopeful though

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
oh yeah had to cut out some of the bumper support entire bumper/clip is off. Bob Kurgan actually did this for me during the build of my car. There are some pics. I will post when I get home.

The question is will the car run cool! This has yet to be seen I am very hopeful though
Would love to see pics. The fan is a great idea. Especially with everything stacked like that.

Thanks

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
3,684 Posts
ask and you will receive!!

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Nice, Bob. I'll wait till you come back out so you can mount mine too.

What cooler/fan is that?

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Nice, Bob. I'll wait till you come back out so you can mount mine too.

What cooler/fan is that?
That looks like the larger B&M w/ fan. 70297

I have the smaller one in my drivers inner fender well and it made a big difference on temps.

The smaller version I have uses a Spahl fan on it.

The two together work well.

Mike

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I drive my car in true street cruises which are regularly 90+ degrees and can be as long as 90-100 minutes of driving. That is the only time it used to heat up. Cruising around town and going to cruise nights never caused an issue.

It also depends on your converter. The PG in my car is worse then the C4 was because the converter slips more.
I dont think it will cuz I also have the roush stage3 bumper on my car so it should get a lil bit more air in their, hopefuly lol

I got a cricle D triple disk 3800 stall in my car so It shouldnt bring the temp up to much I dont think its a 4R70w also

·
Registered
26 Posts
We decided that my car had enough stuff jammed into the front so we put mine in the back. It is a 90% street and 10% race so the th400 transmission gets used. I also flashlight drag the car at the local airport where is gets hot lapped with out an issue.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Wonder how much it hurts to have it mounted in front of the IC...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts