Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...tube-frame race car and some loon in a full-interior foxbody with working A/C and 275 RWHP is pushing your poo in through the corners (skip to 3:16)

[ame]http://youtu.be/Qg1ReHgQqmA?t=3m15s[/ame]

·
Registered
132 Posts
That's when I go over after the session and say something along the lines of "This thing sure is fast in the straights..."

This is the kind of thing pushing me towards more power for my car. I've got 255rwhp/290rwtq @ 3400lbs. Most newer 6 & 8 cylinder cars can walk away from me in the straights despite how fast I am in the turns. The track I've been frequenting lately has two long and two short straights. Not enough turns to stay in someones mirror. Whoever has the most power usually gets a point-by. I give people one lap to let me by or it's a trip through the hot pits for me.

·
Registered
226 Posts
:grin2: Stop being cheap. 363ci and some afr 205s or 220s. Looks like you maxed out your driving ability with 275rwhp.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That guy is just a #&*%, didn't want some old Mustang passing him. I would just pull in the pits and get away from him. I get the same thing in my Miata and they let me go by. Don't need a lot of HP and fancy car to go fast, straights are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers.
Not my Mustang my Spec Miata, stock 1.6 engine, maybe 110 HP, just shows that some guys are gentlemen.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Unfortunately not too uncommon at track days across the country. You get all kinds of folks that really need a bit more etiquette training before spending time out on the road course. I have run into Z06's, Nobles and the like that can blow the doors off me on the straights, yet plug up the track on the corners all due strictly because of the loose nut behind the wheel. Luckily there is the hot pit option to get you through a session to cool off a bit.

When you do run into this, it is always best to remain cool/calm and have a chat with the event organizer to let him know of said driver's actions on the course and let them handle it. A good organizer will take your input seriously and try to address the situation, especially if you aren't the only one reporting it. YMMV.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts