Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bone stock 2013 Boss 302 that I have been playing with at the drag strip. I was planning on running the 12.0 index class at the SCT event when it comes to Charlotte. My plans were to do upper/lower control arms, relocation brackets plus 17skinny fronts and 15 rears with bias ply tires. However, at my last outing the stock clutch has begun to let go. It starts to slip around 6400rpm and its near impossible to slide it on launch so its time for a new one. Problem is this eats up my budget for previously mentioned purchases. Question is what is the better to get for the race, the wheels tires and hope i dont break anything with stock control arms, or get control arms and hope I can make street tires stick well enough to run a 12.0?

For what its worth my time to date are a 1.82 60', 8.01 at 88ish mph. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Im gonna half to do some research but i thought the boss 302 mustang already came from factory with good control arms with solid bushings on both ends on the lower arms.

·
Registered
418 Posts
If it was me i would get better control arms first.

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
Do the irresponsible thing and put it all on a CC >:)

·
Registered
425 Posts
tires

1 - 7 of 7 Posts