Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of days ago i hear a squeak coming from the front passenger side wheel. the next day it sounded like it was grinding on something, but it was not the brake pads(new pads). I tried to spin my front tire by hand and it was very rough and did not spin very well. Could it be my Wheel bearings? and if it is what kind of wheel bearings should i get? and how much will i be spending for bearings? THS FOR ALLYOUR HELP GUYS

·
Registered
337 Posts
Couple of quick questions : Did you just install the new pads? Was the wheel making noise before you installed the pads?

Could be the wheel bearings, but if they were that worn I would think the wheel would wobble and the car would be undriveable.

You have to pull the wheel off anyway to see what the problem is, when you do check for metal filings on the spindle.

I would check the caliper and pads to see if they are binding up.

·
Super Moderator
27,653 Posts
Sometimes the rotor rubs on the little cup in the dust shield and makes a hell of squeak, especially if you changed or removed rotors.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
na, its not the pads because i have had them on for a while, and nothing is scraping. The wheel is a little wobbly. I am going to open her up tomorrow and see if it is the bearings. What do you guys think?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts