Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Well, this is what helped me... I launched HARDER! honestly, by upping my launch rpm the problem went away... I don't know why but its worth a try.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Change your upper and lower control arms,it will instantly cure your wheel hop. launching at a higher rpm wont help the problem

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
You're not 100% right there CHEECH... a higher RPM launch DID work for me, and I recently installed GW LCA's, I have no wheel hop on the nitto's, but on street tires it still does, especially on the 1-2 shift.

The higher rpm may spin a little more, but the likely hood of wheelhop will decrease and with the nittos, even if he does spin some, they keep pulling. I've already smoked the nitto's through 1st and still had a 1.8 60'.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Im also having wheelhop problems like you guys on street tires and am running some UPR lca's.

Do you all have the Dogbone or at least the bracket still on your rear end? I have heard that removing this can cause wheelhop because the bracket is what hits the pinion snubber keeping the axle from winding up and hopping the wheels.

Also if you are lowered this wont help either.

Just giving you something to think about and wondering because mine is long gone and Im having trouble so I will be trying to track down a bracket soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts