Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by a respected tuner recently that he had never seen much power come from a B303 cam and to not bother installing it. I am not doubting his expertise, I am just wondering what kind of results others have had with them. I have one, that I got for free, and was considering putting it in. My car is a factory short block with GT40 heads and the bolt on supporting hardware. What kind of power could I expect from the B303?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I do not know anything much about Cams, but Roush Racing is telling me that the B-Cam is what I need to run on my 93 Cobra with AFR 185's. I have 355's and a Cobra upper & Lower Extrude Honed.

·
Registered
222 Posts
a B cam is the pinacle of camshaft engineering. All other cams live in the shadow of the almighty B cam. Seriously though, sell it buy something better. for the time and cost of gaskets and other things to swap it you could get a used comp cam or something better.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Since you got it for free use it. If you haven't already done so,I would upgrade the spring package on your heads,gt40 hardware is usually junk. I know there are a lot af alphabet cam haters,but I have seen gt40 combos in the elevens with them. My best with my gt40/e-cam was [email protected] My good friend Craig Henrici raced for Anderson Ford in the early days went [email protected] with a stock bottom, Gt40 irons,b-cam,in a '88 GT.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Walk with me my son.

I am so proud of you, yet envious at the same time. This will all be new to you, fresh and unblemished. Soon, you will be experiencing for the first time that which many others could hardly dare to fantasize about. You are so young in your quest for Ford Performance. So new and fresh in this endeavor yet you seek out The One. You truly show a wisdom far beyond your years. I know King Lord God Bcam's power and ferocity first hand. I know his kindness to the environment as well as his vengeful fury towards those who would blaspheme His glorious and exalted name, for they are fruitless in their endeavors of dethroning Him.

I am his humble messenger.

Let us reflect.

For I am victorious, only because He has made me so. He bringith us to victory for his own glory. We are merely stewards of his divine lobes.

You see, my son, there are no opinions of King Lord God Bcam. Only facts. He is the bringer of tears. Tears in the cries of victory for his followers. Tears in the grief stricken eyes of the defeated. Tears in the eyes of the girlfriend of the fallen, wiped away softly by the caring thumb of His disciple as she gets into his passenger seat and closes the door. She reaches over to pop the door from the inside for the victorious. The eyes of the fallen pour until dry.

Let us remember.

Before Him there was no Ford performance. Slow and feeble were the offerings of the Godless Ford.

He gave himself unto us.

Victory. Power. Glory.

All words which became synonymous with Ford.

Search, my son. Search within the annals of this hallowed internet forum and you will find his words and praises being sung for time eternal.

Search for Lord Bcam.

When you stare unto Lord Bcam, Lord Bcam stares back at you.

Praise be to Lord Bcam.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I have had ZERO troubles and do seem to glow when I'm around my B cam. My wife seems to like it too. It is slender but bumpy in all the right places.

Gaze upon this video and all of your doubts and fears will be washed away.

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
Get something better, more power, better fuel and more low end tq...Technology is a wonderful thing, stop using stuff made in the 80's...

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I was in a simalar situation about having a B cam sitting on the shelve and considering throwing it in. I installed it and now wish I never had. Overall, the stock cam was much better IMO. I should have bought a different cam or had one made. FYI: the B cam came out on 1985 I believe. To me, that shows just how outdated that cam is.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I have used the B-cam on a couple of my previous mustangs with good results. My last car made 260hp and 300lb torque at the wheels with just b-cam, cobra intake, shorty headers and exhaust.

·
Old timer
5,751 Posts

The B-cam is so good, Larry Morgan runs TWO of them in his Pro Stock Mustang!

:rofl:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
:rofl:^^^

my car had one in it when i bought it. It really needed a 5pt harness from the surging and bucking--which could be fun if your wife/girlfriend is on your lap. it isn't worth the time and gaskets...My $.02.

·
Registered
837 Posts
"... time and gaskets..."

Is gasket slang for condom now? Are you saying you could not afford all the condoms you would have to buy because of the known effect Bcam has on females??

Maybe I am a little confused. I mean...why else would you own a... or have a..... They're cheap for crying out loud!! How effective has King lord God Bcam been for you in that aspect??

Oh Lord Bcam.... Why have you forsaken me?!?!?

Praise be to Bcam

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't think I have ever gotten such a response in such a short time. If I can get better with another cam, I'll hold off on installing the B cam. I race time trials and if I am going to take points for a cam, I might as well get as much power as I can.

Anybody want to buy a B303 cam? LOL

1 - 20 of 62 Posts