Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What turbo would everyone like to run and why?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Precision 6775 or 7175 model and .AR??? Whichever will make 650+ on a Dyno Dynamics or Mustang dyno on race tune and will have the best spool the street. Any input would be great.

·
Registered
994 Posts
My current one is a 70mm journal bearing Precision with a .96 A/R. My next one is gonna be a 70mm ball bearing with a billet impeller and a .81 A/R. I'm wanting something with a little quicker spool that makes more noise.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
+1 on the Comp oil-less. I have one of their 76mm billet ball bearing turbos that I don't plan on upgrading for a long time, but when a change is due I'm definitely going oil-les.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
+1 on the Comp oil-less. I have one of their 76mm billet ball bearing turbos that I don't plan on upgrading for a long time, but when a change is due I'm definitely going oil-les.
What RPM does it spool?

·
Registered
257 Posts
My current one is a 70mm journal bearing Precision with a .96 A/R. My next one is gonna be a 70mm ball bearing with a billet impeller and a .81 A/R. I'm wanting something with a little quicker spool that makes more noise.
Thats a waste...... And you'll regret that....

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
I almost went with a Comp turbo but after talking with some very experienced people, I went with Garrett. Mainly because of their reputation. I want a billet wheel for sure, but instead of going with a billet 76 with 75mm turbine I got a cast 80mm with 87mm turbine. Itll take longer to spool, but when #### hits the fan and you put the two side by side, the 80/87 is gonna eat up the 76/75, billet wheel or not. Not only that but I was able to get dual ball bearings, not the single ball bearing units that precision makes. If I ever upgrade it will be to a GTX4508R which is the same as what I have now but with a billet wheel. Its too much $$$ for me right now though at around $3400 yikes

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts