Ford Mustang Forums banner

101 - 120 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Wow bro. This is a literally and honestly the first time I have ever heard anything negative about tmoss. I have never used him for any porting or anything like that. Nor have I ever used big dog. But I have never heard anyone say anything negative about him before right now.

·
Registered
856 Posts
So what is your .02? You have nothing to say about the limits of the intake..because you don't know!
I have nothing to say about the Explorer intake because my needs require more than what it has to offer, so I used an intake that met my needs. I also didn't pollute the thread with dozens of unsolicited "testimonials" which are not backed up by any credible data.

Just know it will destroy that SM2 intake.
Don't know about that one either, got proof, or just more bluster? Yeah, didn't think so, and your saying so inspires little to no confidence.

I'm getting out of this thread.
I'll take you at your word, hope you wouldn't deceive, but I've heard this before.

Jay

·
Registered
237 Posts
And you moss.... you keep doing what you do.. You'll reap the rewards. Word is spreading around ..not just words.. your work speaks for itself.

How do you know Tom does poor work if you haven't ran his manifold? Also how do you know these alleged junk pieces aren't somebody passing off their work as one of his? Tom must be a hell of a con man for the word to finally be getting out in 2021!

You get the puppet masters tag teaming on this forum to keep the game to themselves without being exposed.

You mean the professionals that know what they're talking about and can factually prove it?

And if anyones wants a custom cam..call and have it cut yourself if you know what you want. If not, on most bolt on builds..you do not need a custom cam.

Let's see....take advice from the guy who doesn't understand how cams work and call an hourly employee at a large company that might know or to listen to the former engineer with a long history of records, trophies and proven results?

·
Registered
65 fastback pump gas .060 289 (297) solid roller, T5 all motor. 11.12 122 mph
40 Posts
Mr. Jody, what does you car run at the drag strip? Did you independently have you’re heads and intake tested to see how big dogs numbers match up? Do you know if the upper and lower were flowed together?Do you even care that your intake seems to have been flowed at depressions well below the industry standard? Or are you just happy with a piece of paper that has a flow number on it and a car that feels fast on the street? If so you don’t have near the data to go popping off at the mouth and go around bashing other porters work

When someone tests at low depressions only it is almost always because their equipment is not capable of pulling higher depressions. The local guy I have used even pulls higher depressions than 28”. You will learn things buy pulling depressions more inline with what the engine will demand.

This is not to say big dog does good or bad work. I’m sure he does good work. It’s only to point out that you have provided purse poodle data and are running off at the mouth like a big dog.

·
Registered
259 Posts
After reading posts from this utter flog, all i know is i will never let big dawgs touch any of my parts, and i will always tell others to do the same.

If you are happy to let some utter moron promote you, by posting complete crap time after time, what does that say about your business?

·
Registered
10,970 Posts
So what is your .02? You have nothing to say about the limits of the intake..because you don't know!

Fan boy? I'd say more of a satisfied customer who got what I paid for. Not ramrodded up the azz with some bullshit work like the other porter. Yeah..I ll say it.. BULL **** PORT WORK! If I did work like that in my line of work I'd be laughed out of town...

And you moss.... you keep doing what you do.. You'll reap the rewards. Word is spreading around ..not just words.. your work speaks for itself. I'm getting out of this thread.. OP, Hope you got info you asked for. You get the puppet masters tag teaming on this forum to keep the game to themselves without being exposed.
Moss you do bullshit work. And if anyones wants a custom cam..call and have it cut yourself if you know what you want. If not, on most bolt on builds..you do not need a custom cam. I mean if it makes you feel good..go right ahead.
Pathetic the bushit that goes on on this forum
You are SO obvious - get TF outa here until you bring something of VALUE other than BS to this forum........

·
Registered
193 Posts
After reading posts from this utter flog, all i know is i will never let big dawgs touch any of my parts, and i will always tell others to do the same.

If you are happy to let some utter moron promote you, by posting complete crap time after time, what does that say about your business?
My thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Great thanks, I guess it's not as much of a restriction with air being forced through.
Boost is a measurement of restriction.

Take these for example, numbers just taken out of my head.

306" Explorer intake with D1SC, 8" crank pulley and 4.12" SC pulley.
14psi, 400rwhp.

306" Whatever-more-efficient intake with D1SC, 8" crank pulley and 4.12" SC pulley.
10psi, 440rwhp.

Which is the best intake? Is there still "not as much restriction with air being forced through"?
Boost IS a measurement of restriction, nothing else. If your engine can swallow EVERYTHING your SC or Turbo gives out, you'd read 0psi.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Boost is a measurement of restriction.

Take these for example, numbers just taken out of my head.

306" Explorer intake with D1SC, 8" crank pulley and 4.12" SC pulley.
14psi, 400rwhp.

306" Whatever-more-efficient intake with D1SC, 8" crank pulley and 4.12" SC pulley.
10psi, 440rwhp.

Which is the best intake? Is there still "not as much restriction with air being forced through"?
Boost IS a measurement of restriction, nothing else. If your engine can swallow EVERYTHING your SC or Turbo gives out, you'd read 0psi.
Good points. When I say 'not as much of a restriction', I'm not necessarily looking for the one that flows the most air overall, but the one that flows enough to make the power where I want it. Using your hypothetical examples, I would of course go with intake #2, unless it was behind intake #1 up to, say, 4k rpm in torque production. In my case, it's a street car with an automatic so it can't be a turd down low. Just curious as to others' experiences swapping intakes, and if there are any that out-perform a ported explorer intake throughout the rpm range. I have Gt40p, stock cam and a novi pushing 7psi.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Good points. When I say 'not as much of a restriction', I'm not necessarily looking for the one that flows the most air overall, but the one that flows enough to make the power where I want it. Using your hypothetical examples, I would of course go with intake #2, unless it was behind intake #1 up to, say, 4k rpm in torque production. In my case, it's a street car with an automatic so it can't be a turd down low. Just curious as to others' experiences swapping intakes, and if there are any that out-perform a ported explorer intake throughout the rpm range. I have Gt40p, stock cam and a novi pushing 7psi.
With any decent boost, you won't see any noticeable low rpm losses from any big intake. Reducing restrictions at any point along the way will raise power along the way, from barely any to a great deal. Your heads and intake are big restrictions given the 7psi, but of course worse if it was 15psi etc.

The GT40/Explorer lower intake is a main component of all of the Kenne Bell supercharger kits. Few people have had those and also ported the lower, the boost usually satisfies the owners or they look for ways to increase it(bigger unit size etc). But for all of the upgrades they do, heads, exhaust etc, they are stuck with that GT40 lower.

The GT40 lower can be ported to gain a lot, often get to unported aftermarket intakes. But use the bigger intakes, and have that ported, then you reach a different level that the GT40 cannot.

So generally price your upgrades or live with what you have. Your novi system lets you use any intake, I'd go bigger if you need more power. Note tire spin is more of a problem when you make more and more low rpm power on the street.

I like the TFS R lower the best, it's short and the ports are already very large. Those can reach 350cfm ported without much trouble, and the ports are properly straight, out of the box.

Reactions: Mike_S

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Mr. Jody, what does you car run at the drag strip? Did you independently have you’re heads and intake tested to see how big dogs numbers match up? Do you know if the upper and lower were flowed together?Do you even care that your intake seems to have been flowed at depressions well below the industry standard? Or are you just happy with a piece of paper that has a flow number on it and a car that feels fast on the street? If so you don’t have near the data to go popping off at the mouth and go around bashing other porters work

When someone tests at low depressions only it is almost always because their equipment is not capable of pulling higher depressions. The local guy I have used even pulls higher depressions than 28”. You will learn things buy pulling depressions more inline with what the engine will demand.

This is not to say big dog does good or bad work. I’m sure he does good work. It’s only to point out that you have provided purse poodle data and are running off at the mouth like a big dog.
You guys are so uninformed. Just take a moment and do your own research and not being followers like sheep to those that are feeding you false information about others. Every single thing we claim we can back it up with proof as we've done in the past on this forum. We are constantly flowing and testing these parts and also testing other porters parts that customers send to us that they want ported to our standards. There's so much about these parts and their capabilities that are not being shared. Do some research and you will find out the truth like so many have before.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
With any decent boost, you won't see any noticeable low rpm losses from any big intake. Reducing restrictions at any point along the way will raise power along the way, from barely any to a great deal. Your heads and intake are big restrictions given the 7psi, but of course worse if it was 15psi etc.

The GT40/Explorer lower intake is a main component of all of the Kenne Bell supercharger kits. Few people have had those and also ported the lower, the boost usually satisfies the owners or they look for ways to increase it(bigger unit size etc). But for all of the upgrades they do, heads, exhaust etc, they are stuck with that GT40 lower.

The GT40 lower can be ported to gain a lot, often get to unported aftermarket intakes. But use the bigger intakes, and have that ported, then you reach a different level that the GT40 cannot.

So generally price your upgrades or live with what you have. Your novi system lets you use any intake, I'd go bigger if you need more power. Note tire spin is more of a problem when you make more and more low rpm power on the street.

I like the TFS R lower the best, it's short and the ports are already very large. Those can reach 350cfm ported without much trouble, and the ports are properly straight, out of the box.
The 302 GT40 lowers can be max ported to flow 350-365cfm with welding a d the 351w gt40 lowers when max ported will go over 400cfm average runner flow easily. Trust me. We've flowed and tested just about every manifold for these motors that's out there. We do before and after flow results using the same test process on each part so we can accurately compare them to each other.

Reactions: CDW6212R

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have no DAWG in this fight (pun intended) but seriously, rather than the self promotion, could you respect the OP's question, and maybe provide dyno captures, or drag strip slips of Exploder equipped cars that you feel represent the performance capabilities of said intake.

It's a simple request that I'm sure you can respond to without the need to rehash the same old same old. I surely can't see a good reason to revisit the past unpleasantness, I would hope you can agree with that. If you want to address alternate topics, start your own thread rather than polluting another member's.

Jay

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
I have no DAWG in this fight (pun intended) but seriously, rather than the self promotion, could you respect the OP's question, and maybe provide dyno captures, or drag strip slips of Exploder equipped cars that you feel represent the performance capabilities of said intake.

It's a simple request that I'm sure you can respond to without the need to rehash the same old same old. I surely can't see a good reason to revisit the past unpleasantness, I would hope you can agree with that. If you want to address alternate topics, start your own thread rather than polluting another member's.

Jay
We have done that so many times and like I've said in the past a person can easily talk to our customers directly themselves anytime they want to get the information from them. It's that easy. They are all on other groups, forums and our business page. We don't have to self promote because we have more business than we can handle already. We just want newcomers to know the truth about what these parts can do. Remember the conversation we had and YOU had to learn the truth the hard way last year back in January? This is what I'm saying. Many people on this forum are not being told the truth about the porting of these parts. We are simply showing them what they can do. Hell they don't have to come to us just as long as whoever they go to they make sure they get the uppers and lowers ported and are provided with before and after flow results.
It's that simple.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
We have done that so many times and like I've said in the past a person can easily talk to our customers directly themselves anytime they want to get the information from them. It's that easy. They are all on other groups, forums and our business page. We don't have to self promote because we have more business than we can handle already. We just want newcomers to know the truth about what these parts can do. Remember the conversation we had and YOU had to learn the truth the hard way last year back in January? This is what I'm saying. Many people on this forum are not being told the truth about the porting of these parts. We are simply showing them what they can do. Hell they don't have to come to us just as long as whoever they go to they make sure they get the uppers and lowers ported and are provided with before and after flow results.
It's that simple.
The only guys we have to compare a big dogs ported intake is the 363 that was posted here. The other seems to think his intake is some government secret, and wants to keep it all to himself. Pointless, but that’s ok.

I’ve never seen anybody ever put up a time slip, or even a dyno result from a big dogs ported intake anywhere else. Not on the 8.2 pages on Facebook, or the other fox body pages I’m on. We’ve seen lots of guy who have work from Tmoss post up.

Either there is drag times or there’s not. That’s really the only way to quantify if the parts really work.

Reactions: Defectindesign

·
Registered
89 Posts
You guys are so uninformed. Just take a moment and do your own research and not being followers like sheep to those that are feeding you false information about others. Every single thing we claim we can back it up with proof as we've done in the past on this forum. We are constantly flowing and testing these parts and also testing other porters parts that customers send to us that they want ported to our standards. There's so much about these parts and their capabilities that are not being shared. Do some research and you will find out the truth like so many have before.
Where was the test at lower depression readings so we could compare. That is the video you should have made. Testing at 26" and letting the computer calculate it to 28" proves very little.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Everyone knows you can calibrate a flow bench. The point is that before and after flow numbers are not the end-all be-all true test. It’s not hard to take somebody else’s previous port work that may not have been an all out job grind on it and pick up CFM on the flow bench. I go to the track so I like to know if a cfm gain actually translates to a faster car. Which is the only reason we throw money at this stuff. Jordy doesn’t have the real world data to back up his mouth. Only car show wanna be’s race flow numbers.

if he were to drop .2 and or pick up mph at the drag strip I would say he has an actual talking point.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The 302 GT40 lowers can be max ported to flow 350-365cfm with welding a d the 351w gt40 lowers when max ported will go over 400cfm average runner flow easily. Trust me. We've flowed and tested just about every manifold for these motors that's out there. We do before and after flow results using the same test process on each part so we can accurately compare them to each other.
What do they flow with the upper?

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Where was the test at lower depression readings so we could compare. That is the video you should have made. Testing at 26" and letting the computer calculate it to 28" proves very little.
I can show you another video of us changing the vacuum depression and the processor adjusting the readings calculation to 28". The processor does the math no matter what the vacuum is. In the video the plate was calculated to flow 157cfm at 28". If we ran 35" it would still read 157cfm because the computer does the calculation automatically. We don't need to run all of our motors because it's very accurate. This has been explained many times before but people have nothing else to Harp on. We can easily flow parts 28" but it won't change the final reading lol. This is why we do a before and after flow test on all parts to see the gains. That should be standard with all porters. Show the gains from the work.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Everyone knows you can calibrate a flow bench. The point is that before and after flow numbers are not the end-all be-all true test. It’s not hard to take somebody else’s previous port work that may not have been an all out job grind on it and pick up CFM on the flow bench. I go to the track so I like to know if a cfm gain actually translates to a faster car. Which is the only reason we throw money at this stuff. Jordy doesn’t have the real world data to back up his mouth. Only car show wanna be’s race flow numbers.

if he were to drop .2 and or pick up mph at the drag strip I would say he has an actual talking point.
But what if the car or truck is not a track vehicle? We have many customers that don't go to the track or drag race. They go to the dyno. Jody has got his truck going and waiting to tune it. He's posted many videos on youtu e of it running and driving. If you pm him I'm sure he will show you.
We have never had a customer lose hp from our porting. We also have corral members that will be posting results in the future.
Any more questions just use PMs.
Thanks

101 - 120 of 167 Posts