Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just installed a transmission cooler on my car. I have a question. What is the best way to get a nice clean cut on the return line? I used a set of wire cutters which deformed the line, then I reshaped it the best I could, then just ran the rubber hose over it and clamped it.. How could I get a perfectly round cut using my small tool set?

Also, my cooler is mounted in front of the radiator, near the lower air dam opening. It seems as though my cooler gets very hot to the touch. Is this normal? It is a pretty small cooler however.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Pick up a tubing cutter. They are like $6 and do a nice clean job. Any hardware store should have them, check in the plumbing section or in an autoparts store in the brake line/fuel line replacement section.

The cooler should be pretty warm. You're passing 100+degree fluid through it.

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
Ray's 88 GT:

Yup, what TC89LX said. Get a tubing cutter in the plumbing section of your local hardware megastore. Or, give me a call and you can borrow mine! :)

chris

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. I borrowed one from work (I work in a power plant, they have everthing)

Chris - I might need you to help me out doing the Jerry's mod though :)

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
Ray's 88 GT

Ray, I'm at your disposal. I've got kitty litter and my wrenches ready. Lemme know. You need to get the J-mod done!! :)

chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts