Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
306, cnc ported afr 185 heads, turbo cam, aode with 3500 stall, and 3.27 gear? I looking for a fast spooling turbo that make pleanty of power and some room to grow.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Stock bottom end and how much bbost?? Street car??

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
With a good block id say a precision 76mm or maybe a S380r if your looking for room to grow. Ill be doing a S380r on my 306 this winter with a cam swap and im sure it will pack a punch over the current 70mm master power.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
precision billet 67 will make huge power. for a stock block 306 i would go with something like a turbonetics 62-1. Even it has enough punch to make your engine do the splits

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
precision billet 67 will make huge power. for a stock block 306 i would go with something like a turbonetics 62-1. Even it has enough punch to make your engine do the splits
Yea but you think someone build a stock block 8.2 deck motor wants to spend 1k+ for a billet wheel turbo why not just get a MP70 and make pleanty of power for half the price IMO.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Yea but you think someone build a stock block 8.2 deck motor wants to spend 1k+ for a billet wheel turbo why not just get a MP70 and make pleanty of power for half the price IMO.
Well he didnt say he was on a budget, just wanted the fastest spooling turbo with power to grow. The billet wheel PT67 will just plain outperform an MP70

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
I'd do the MPT70, way to much potenial power for a stock block anyways.
My car ran 9's and spooled by 2800ish on a 331. Not bad for a 500$ turbo.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
I'd do the MPT70, way to much potenial power for a stock block anyways.
My car ran 9's and spooled by 2800ish on a 331. Not bad for a 500$ turbo.
x2

or the cheapest used one i can find as again the stock block is the limiting factor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts