Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused::confused::confused:Took the car to the track, and was a bit disappointed. I have a JLT CAI, Professional Products T/B and upper plenum,BBK equal length headers w/ full exhaust, and custom tune The best i could squeeze was a 14.3 ITs a 2000 GT vert I was shifting at about 5200 RPM . Temp that day was about 87. Iread some threads where guys said 6000 was the sweet spot It was my first time on the track. Whats the best RPM for a 2 valve with some bolt ons?:confused:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Take it pretty much to redline and if you are a 5 speed with stock gears you might want to stay in 3rd unless you are running 100+mph.

Did you have it dyno'd to make sure the power was there? What was your trap speed?

·
Registered
962 Posts
My bad, but you get the point. Only thing would be if your losing power because of valve float you'll want to shift a little early. But yeah

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 02gt with ud's, o/r x,catback,jlt and i shift at about 6k. I bumped my rev limiter to 6200 so i didnt have to shift into 4th. Before i did that i would bump the limiter just before the traps.

Dan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback, I forgot to mention,I have the power plus intake from professional products.Ive heard thees intakes can hurt your low end power , any comments?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts