Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a question that sor tof gets asked wit the exception of the carb part. I live in Calif and i drive thru a area that has a mobile emmisions dyno. Lord help me If i get popped in my daily driver with no smog stuff.

I would prefer a smog legal Turbo kit, but all the searches ive netted have resulted in no such thing in the distant future.

Now it comes to a supercharged kit. I would want a front mount intercooler(If they are still CARB OK)
TO run more boost with the crappy calif pump gas.
Goal is to go as fast as I can on pump gas, good tune.
I just sold my1400+hp turbo motor, car and so on.
I need something to tide me over till I get back on my feet again.

Lets say a goal of 11's on pump gas. no motor mods CARB legal and soo on. As long as you dont detonate I dont see a problem at all with the stock motor. Tune tune tune

(God ive been into turbos since 1992 (Cant imagine going S/C but oh well its just a daily driver :) )

Please post any help and or links with good info. Or email me or PM me.

If you ever need help on a turbo race app. Id be glad to help hehe.
Thanks again.
(AND no i dont want NOS)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Well, the turbo kits definitely arend CARB legal. Its hard to say if your car would pass with a blower or not in Cali. I just say, move somewhere else ;)

Seriously, since you have so much experience with turbos, you might be able to make a custom kit. A turbo on a 2v? Thats easy 11's. Hello 10's.

-Adam

1 - 2 of 2 Posts