Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got finished up with my build for the most part and I thought I was going to be able to just run with the open down pipe but I don't think I like it.

What's everyone running for exhaust on a turbo 5.0? I'm thinking about going back to tail pipes as well?

·
Registered
336 Posts
3.5 downpipe into dual 3 inch dynomax ultraflow mufflers with tailpipes. Pretty mellow. I'm going to put bullets in front of the mufflers to quiet the car down even more.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I run a i think its a 3 inch down pipe?..On3 kit..into a Y-pipe with Bassani race series mufflers...sounds good

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'm currently running a 3" On3 Y-pipe to a Flowmaster American Thunder 2.5" catback. I'm planning on ditching the Flows in favor of some Dynomax Ultraflo's in 3" with 3" tails soon.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have a 3 inch dp off the back of the turbo that goes up to 4 inch. Then a single 4 inch exhaust with dynomax muffler with a dump at the axle

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
im planning an on3 build over the winter. will be using 3" dp. I have 3" mac flowpaths and 3" flowmaster tailpipes. What size is tje on3 y pipe??"??

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yeah, sounds like a Semi truck turbo when I get on it ;) Really want to do the tailpipes, just having to divert the monies elsewhere at this time.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Ok here is my car with Bassani race series mufflers and dumps...

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
4 inch aluminum

Vibrant performance makes the muffler.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so i'm thinking i'm i may just run the downpipe off of a Y and just run tail pipes. not sure how it will sound with no mufflers or anything just tailpipes..any input?

·
Registered
201 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts