Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Corral Charter Member
11,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a quality kitchen/bar blender that actually has a GLASS pitcher... one that can blend/crush ice and/or anything else fed into it, in which it will not bog down and/or eventually crap out...

any recommendations?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Looking for a quality kitchen/bar blender that actually has a GLASS pitcher... one that can blend/crush ice and/or anything else fed into it, in which it will not bog down and/or eventually crap out...

any recommendations?
This

Leads to this

or if you need a bigger blender.....

·
Registered
6,306 Posts

·
Registered
4,772 Posts

·
Registered
15,899 Posts
Kitchen Aid we have is fine. The Margaritaville one is nice (we use a portable for tailgates) but it sounds like a jet engine.

·
Corral Day Kittah
16,060 Posts
You can buy a cheap one, but if you want to blend frozen fruit, ice, etc. then you better break out a Benjamin or more. I've toasted more blenders than I can recall, all have glass pitchers which work great in the next one I buy. I'd suggested a 6 jigawatt motor for anything you get.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Vitamix is also a good one. Mom has had hers for 20 years and it still runs. I want the blendtech myself, but just can't spend 400 on one right now.

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
After reading a bunch of reviews on blenders, including ones that were around $500, this was the best option...

Oster® Beehive Blender - BPCT02-BA - Oster® Product Details
http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/product-testing/best-blenders-reviews/oster-beehive-blender
http://www.blenderexpert.com/oster-beehive-blender.html
http://www.bestcovery.com/oster-4093-classic-beehive-stand-blender

You can buy it at any of your local stores (I got it at Lowes for $50 on sale about a year ago, normally is about $80, still under a Benjamin) and it just flat out works. An important to me item was an all metal drive, as I've worn out countless blenders that have the rubber/plastic drives. Junk junk junk. Another thing I don't like is plastic appliances, I want them to feel solid, and this one does.

600watts of blender greatness

FWIW, most of the fancy ones (the Margaritaville Concoction Maker comes to mind) consistantly get very poor ratings when it comes to making drinks like frozen margaritas.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
We went through 3 $100+ blenders before buying our Blendtec. Sure it was hella $$$ but it won't wear out and works 10x better than the other so-called professional blenders.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking for a quality kitchen ice blender that actually has a GLASS pitcher... one that can blend/crush ice and/or anything else fed into it, in which it will not bog down and/or eventually crap out...

any recommendations?
You just have to choose between a 700-900 watt blender. It's been two years since I used Oster, and the blender is still running strong, absolutely crushing everything I asked it to stir (good way!) And a more lightweight plastic (cheap) blender that has been used so far Compared to it, it has a more robust structure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts