Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im building a twin turbo blow thru right now, and im looking for opinions on the best off the shelf cam i can use. My motor will be ever changing so i dont want to get a custom grind. I was thinking of just using a e cam, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
CID? Heads? Intake? Car? Color? Year??????????????????????

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot to add i also have ported procomp heads with all aftermarket innerds, and twin 57mm turbos and it will all be on a built c4

·
Registered
581 Posts
X2 on the stock stick,
block will break before you need more cam.

·
Registered
711 Posts
X3 with the stock cam. Stock block=stock cam. When yo uupgrade the block, upgrade the cam.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Id do a fcam over a stock piece.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
X100, its a great cam for turbo set ups

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I heard fcam was best for big turbos and ecam was better for smaller ones, and i have 2 57mm turbos, would you guys still recommend the fcam?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Try both. If your combo is ever changing, why not try out a few cams?

·
Registered
193 Posts
What cam do you have now. If you have the f cam I would run it. If not run the stock cam. I have used both and they both work great. Stock cams have been well into the 9's with 14lbs or so.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Nice. A 1 word response and you cleared it right up. Let me drop you some hints:

1) OP said TWIN turbo, so he should be pushing some power
2) With a GOOD tune, stock block can handle 500ish HP and with some luck 600.
3) A fancy CAM on a stock block will accelorate your blocks destruction. When it does blow, why risk jacking up a decent OTS cam?
4) If you are going to put a lot of money into your block, why cheat yourself with a stock block and not have to worry about one if you upgrade it? Then you can get a CUSTOM CAM that will compliment the rest of your setup.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Nice. A 1 word response and you cleared it right up. Let me drop you some hints:

1) OP said TWIN turbo, so he should be pushing some power
2) With a GOOD tune, stock block can handle 500ish HP and with some luck 600.
3) A fancy CAM on a stock block will accelorate your blocks destruction. When it does blow, why risk jacking up a decent OTS cam?
4) If you are going to put a lot of money into your block, why cheat yourself with a stock block and not have to worry about one if you upgrade it? Then you can get a CUSTOM CAM that will compliment the rest of your setup.
Dont get all upset. Fact of the matter is, that setup will be quicker with the fcam vs stock.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I also say stock since it will easily make more power than your block can handle.

BTW - out of curiousity has anyone ran a turbo with the Z cam? Ive heard of tons of B, E and F setup but never X or Z

1 - 20 of 21 Posts